Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2006, 01:40 PM   #1

Smile Finally replaced my baby

As many of you know, my former baby - a green 2000 S - was mortally injured in a wreck back in November. She was my first p car and will always hold a special place in my heart. She also died protecting me and my wife - we were hit at 45 mph (while going 40 ourselves) in the front left of the car and yet neither of us had more than bruises. Anyway, it took two months, but the insurance company finally decided to total the car and I immdediately began my search for a replacement.

That search has led to a midnight blue 2003 S with 17K miles. It is Porsche certified and the the warranty began at the end of October 2003, which gives me a warranty 50K miles greater and just 3 months short of the one on a brand new car. Not a whole lot of features: litronics, hi-fi digital (but not bose), windstop, 18" wheels. I am looking forward to having a glove box, a glass rear window and 8 more ponies. I guess I will have to get used to having the digital speedo on the left dial instead of the middle (whose bright idea was that???) and I will miss my on-board computer, which was about the only extra my baby had. But those are minor quibbles and pale against getting back behind the wheel of the finest roadster on the face of the planet. (Btw, regarding another thread, I had a choice of a non certified 02 carrera cab for just a bit more money, but I never gave it more than a second of thought.)

The deal closes on Tuesday. Will post pics (and change my avatar pic) at that time.

ranbar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 03:53 PM   #2

What color is the interior? Black, tan or dark blue?
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 04:45 PM   #3
bmussatti

ranbar2, congrats on the new car! Glad everything worked our for you and the wife.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:07 PM   #4

2003 S - "Porsche certified" will extend warranty to 2009/100K miles. That is the four year new car warranty to 50K and two more years to 100K. Can't beat that!
tonyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 07:56 PM   #5

THAT'S GREAT!!!!!! Congrats, I'm glad (and not suprised) you stayed with a Boxster. That is wonderful that you and your wife were not injured. Cheers!
Old 01-22-2006, 07:01 AM   #6

Good stuff!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote