Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 05:49 AM   #21
haz

No news on my Tip issue. It even slipped out of second gear yesterday. I did book an appointment for having the Boxster checked out at my local Porsche Center on october 7th. Hopefully they can find the error and fix it. They did not believe a tranny flush would solve it though. I still think this is en electrical issue.. We will see

haz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:56 AM   #22
recycledsixtie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by haz View Post
No news on my Tip issue. It even slipped out of second gear yesterday. I did book an appointment for having the Boxster checked out at my local Porsche Center on october 7th. Hopefully they can find the error and fix it. They did not believe a tranny flush would solve it though. I still think this is en electrical issue.. We will see
I cannot believe that you are having so much trouble with your Boxster. This is not good....
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:02 AM   #23
haz

Meh.. I try and stay positive
I plan on keeping it for a long time and look upon this as an investment.
That said, thank you for your support

Btw: I´ve had 6 bugs / beetles and my Box has given me more issues than those combined. I still love my Box.

Last edited by haz; 09-29-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #24
haz

Results are in:

Gear wires needed to be tightened. The gearselector was in fact between D and N due to loose wires. They also lubed them at the same time as they tightened them. They are rusty as well but the mechanic said let's try this first. It was friggn expensive enough to adjust the wires.... ($540)

Oh ....... and my MAF is shut and needs to be replaced. This throws error codes left and right. So that's another $840 but that job has to wait.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:24 AM   #25

Hi Haz,

could you elaborate a bit more? are you saying the "electrical" wires had problem? or the shifter "cable" was loose, so that it was not pulling at the lever properly - hence dancing around D and N?

All that aside, Im glad u sorted it out ... and also an easy fix to an issue that could potentially be really scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz View Post
Results are in:

Gear wires needed to be tightened. The gearselector was in fact between D and N due to loose wires. They also lubed them at the same time as they tightened them. They are rusty as well but the mechanic said let's try this first. It was friggn expensive enough to adjust the wires.... ($540)

Oh ....... and my MAF is shut and needs to be replaced. This throws error codes left and right. So that's another $840 but that job has to wait.
BTfd2e93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:54 AM   #26
haz

This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTfd2e93 View Post
shifter "cable" was loose, so that it was not pulling at the lever properly - hence dancing around D and N
And thanks

Yes, it slipped out of gears (into Neutral) one time also, from 2.nd - luckily scouting for parking so it was at low revs.