Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2006, 06:38 AM   #1

Question "certified pre owned" question

Hello All,
About 2 months ago I purchased a 2004 boxster with 3500 original miles and the dealer told me that the car would be certified pre owned from Porsche...this meant that the car would have the balance of it's factory warrenty as well as a Porsche 100k warrenty that would protect the car until 2010 or 100k miles. This obviously appealed to me as the cost of repairs can be very costly. My question is so far I have not recieved paperwork from Porsche acknowledging this extended factory coverage. My salesman said he would get this to me but I am beginning to have some doubts...is it common for Porsche to not acknowledge this in writing. My 2005 Mercedes was purchased with the same type of CPO warrenty and Mercedes was very quick with the acknowledgement. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance for your help!

ford40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:10 AM   #2
bmussatti

Do you have anything in writting from the dealer on your bill of sale?

Call the GM of the dealership, and express your concern and ask for his/her assistance.

Maybe try calling PCNA- 1-800-Porsche
Old 01-17-2006, 11:15 AM   #3

Porsche dealers are loathe to give out this paperwork and it is puzzling why should be. I assume you have proof of purchase indicating the extended warranty?

Also check with your service dept to make sure the indicator of the CPO is in the company service and warranty data base. If it is not, you have big time problems ahead!

Keep us posted.

good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford40
Hello All,
About 2 months ago I purchased a 2004 boxster with 3500 original miles and the dealer told me that the car would be certified pre owned from Porsche...this meant that the car would have the balance of it's factory warrenty as well as a Porsche 100k warrenty that would protect the car until 2010 or 100k miles. This obviously appealed to me as the cost of repairs can be very costly. My question is so far I have not recieved paperwork from Porsche acknowledging this extended factory coverage. My salesman said he would get this to me but I am beginning to have some doubts...is it common for Porsche to not acknowledge this in writing. My 2005 Mercedes was purchased with the same type of CPO warrenty and Mercedes was very quick with the acknowledgement. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance for your help!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:15 PM   #4

1. If you take the VIN number of your Porsche to a dealer he will be able to print out paperwork that your car is Porsche Certified Pre-Owned

2. A few months after I bought my Certified Porsche I received a very nice packet from Porsche America with all the necessary paperwork, warrantee information, Accessory Booklet, and various other pamphlets, all packaged in an aluminum case. Very Nice, but it does take time.

3. I had my doubts also regarding the absence of paperwork - just make sure that you are able to accomplish #1 - incidentally, any authorized dealer will be able to supply you with the information you require with only the VIN number.

Hope this alleaves your apprehension.
tonyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyg
1. If you take the VIN number of your Porsche to a dealer he will be able to print out paperwork that your car is Porsche Certified Pre-Owned

2. A few months after I bought my Certified Porsche I received a very nice packet from Porsche America with all the necessary paperwork, warrantee information, Accessory Booklet, and various other pamphlets, all packaged in an aluminum case. Very Nice, but it does take time.

3. I had my doubts also regarding the absence of paperwork - just make sure that you are able to accomplish #1 - incidentally, any authorized dealer will be able to supply you with the information you require with only the VIN number.

Hope this alleaves your apprehension.
After a few months I also received the metal case with the certified preowned warranty information in it.
9000RPMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:21 AM   #6

Thanks for the info...I went to the dealer last evening and the service mgr said he would run me the printout from the Porsche warranty computer showing certification ands expiration info. I also recieved the nice aluminum box with booklets but no paperwork from Porsche....I don't think follow-up is their strong suit! All that aside I just love the car and am looking forward to many good times! We had a 5:00 pm snow storm here last night just at rush hour and my Boxster with continental TS810 snow tires did just great....the Boxster is my every day driver.
Again thanks for all your advice and help!
Paul

ford40 is offline   Reply With Quote