Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #1

She is finally off jack stands.

So after sitting for a month and a half I finally put her back together and drove. Finished the job at 1:45am. I was thrilled to get behind the wheel again. For those of you that don't know I started a brake job that spiraled into a suspension overhaul.

Well any way now its been three days since I got her off and my rear brakes are still making a noticeable scraping sound. So I am a bit worried. I checked it out and found that one of the dust shields was bent in causing some of the noise but after bending it back I still get that metal to metal noise. I don't know, but I will raise her again and check it. I have the cquence rotors and pads. Slotted and Drilled. I also changed the ebrakes.

I really dont want to put her back on jack stands. Because look at her, I missed that.

But any way any ideas what could be causing the scraping.

Anyone who has cquence brakes ever experienced this.

Also its not a constant scrap is elliptical.

Bmod986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
I did and it was the dust shields. Simple was to put her on the lift, leave the tire on and rotate the wheel (easier than trying to do this with the wheel off). Found the spot that was bent and in under 5 minutes...it was done.