Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #1

It is suddenly much easier to change gears

So I always though changing gears in my Boxster was somewhat harder than most other manual transmission cars I have driven. There was always more resistance when switching gears.

I drove the car yesterday for the first time after leaving it parked for a week. It was incredibly easy to change gears. It took no force at all and the gears just slipped into place with a push of my pinky finger.

I am planning of doing a trans oil change as soon as it is warm enough and the weather is good since I am 4000 miles overdue. Porsche recommends doing it every 90,000 miles for the 5 speed manual transmission.

Any ideas why it got so much easier to change gears? I feel like it should not be that easy.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #2

Garage
Is it possible the brackets holding the shift cables to the tranny moved/changed? I find me having to move them back, but it would not make sense in your scenario.

Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote