Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
Nimbus,
I find it interesting that you have a quote from American journalist Ambrose Bierce writing about the horrific times during the U.S. civil war (War is God's way of teaching Americans about geography. -- Ambrose Bierce). I can only imagine the endless miles he traveled, mostly walking, carrying a rifle and backpack, and enduring the wicked hot and freezing cold climates. Obviously he was a religious man that believed God created that war. So why are you touched or fascinated by his quote?
It makes me chuckle when I see it. Having known many US servicemen and citizens during my time in the Royal Air Force and now working in motorsport in Indycar and Nascar, always amazed how little knowledge some have outside their borders. There again, the US is so big and so many different climates, plenty to see. Those of us that live on a pokey little island where it always rains need to get away.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #22

It gave me a chuckle for the same reason when I saw that. It always amuses me how, once I get a couple of hundred miles down into the US, I can tell most Americans anything I want about Canada, right down to igloos and dogsleds, and they totally believe it.