Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #1

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Boxster View Post
Sorry to see the car like that, but glad you did not get hurt. Gosh, what does the inside interior view look like?
Actually if you look from the drivers side you can not tell it was in an accident, no damage on the inside only from the passenger side, the front quarter panel took some damage and the passenger side door is toast (came in about 8 inches) though the glass did not break as widow was up and the rear passenger panel is toast, have not looked up under the car yet but no leaking fluids and it was drivable back to the house, although I was only 10 blocks away from my house.

I am actually very impressed with the way the Box took the hit, I have been in other cars that took a similar hit and the outcome was much more damage.

Waiting on the insurance adjuster to call, supposed to come by tonight to look it over and give me some more information.

Again quite impressed with the ability of our little cars to take a hit like that and protect the occupant.

I knew I should have said yes to Lou to go on a nice drive today, but was on standby to fly out to the Netherlands on business....... needles to say my travel plans have changed slightly
boxster6354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
Mobile Porsche Surgeon

Again I would like to say, this car would be an ez rebuild, the unibody does not look bent from the photo, the intake on the passengers side is a dummy, its mostly skin deep.

http://www.mikesspecialtyautomotiveservice.com/index.html
Early 1996 / 97 Boxster, 130 k, De snorkeled, IMS, Top Speed Headers.
kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Good to see everyone is ok. Such a nice ride too, you've done some great stuff to it from what I could tell in your 'Garage'.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
recycledsixtie

Garage
One of the above posters says that it could be a relatively easy fix. From my perspective if it was mine I hope the insurance co. totals it so I could start afresh.
If it was fixed up I would question whether it would be totally aligned after bodywork was done? Also when u came to sell it (if you wanted to sell it that is) and the prospective buyer asked, "has it had an accident?" You likely would say yes.
I would likely only settle for a big cash settlement. Oh by the way do you have any whiplash? I am not litigious crazy but don't rush into signing anything. Is your brain scrambled? Are u thinking clearly? Don't rush into any decisions. That is my 5 cents worth..........
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #5
Boxster 1999

Garage
Glad to see you were not hurt and I hope this get sorted out to your advantge or at least the way u want!
Barteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #6

Garage
Glad you are OK. The airbag should not deploy unless there is enough weight on the seat to make it think the seat is occupied.
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
l3m

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxster6354 View Post
I knew I should have said yes to Lou to go on a nice drive today, but was on standby to fly out to the Netherlands on business....... needles to say my travel plans have changed slightly
Glad you're ok Travis. I cringed when I saw the damage on that beautiful car of yours. I was looking forward to us going next Sunday to the LSR Concours on the Kemah Boardwalk.

Last edited by l3m; 02-16-2013 at 06:03 PM.
l3m is offline   Reply With Quote