Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #1

Garage
"Birds of a feather, park together"

I had to laugh when I parked all alone in the hotel parking lot and came out later to find a twin had done the same thing. Awesome cars!

1olddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:01 AM   #2

Garage
I hope you requested the pick of the litter!

Ka is a wheel, and everything is 19
Coffinhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:39 AM   #3

I like your angled parking. smart.

I used to park in five story commuter parking garage. Everyone would do their typical stalking for 10 minutes just to get the one spot on the ground floor. I didn't even look...just went straight to the top level (still covered). As soon as I get up there all the spots are empty except for the five Porsches! All respectfully spaced apart of course.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
I like your angled parking. smart. ......
Not me, I'd be over on the curb.
The angle approach is just another reason for a hater to get stupid.
That's obviously just my opinion - which is valuable only to me.
DFW02S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #5

Garage
I'd be on the grass.

When choosing between spots at the end of a row of parking like that, the one to the right side is better (in the US, anyway) because you have zero risk of a door ding if there is no passenger ... and there usually isn't.
grubinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubinski View Post
I'd be on the grass.

When choosing between spots at the end of a row of parking like that, the one to the right side is better (in the US, anyway) because you have zero risk of a door ding if there is no passenger ... and there usually isn't.
I like that idea and I will remember next time.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
I like your angled parking. smart.

I used to park in five story commuter parking garage. Everyone would do their typical stalking for 10 minutes just to get the one spot on the ground floor. I didn't even look...just went straight to the top level (still covered). As soon as I get up there all the spots are empty except for the five Porsches! All respectfully spaced apart of course.
LOL! Loved this!

That's why all us Porsche owners are so good looking.

We get our exercise walking from the furthest available parking space.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #8

I've been parking farther away too. I hate it when I come back, and my once empty adjacent spaces are now full of cars. (Even if there are other spots elsewhere!)

One day, I came back and a girl had parked next to my BMW. She said she did it because I would probably be more careful opening my door and not hit her car, lol.
rondocap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondocap View Post
.... One day, I came back and a girl had parked next to my BMW. She said she did it because I would probably be more careful opening my door and not hit her car, lol.
Hard to argue that logic.
DFW02S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:07 AM   #10

Most folks don't want to show their license plate numbers in pictures. Just a security reminder.

Thanks guys!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #11

I don't park crooked to avoid giving anyone an "excuse" to key me. I do the end-of-row parking, but that's not foolproof, someone still hit me backing out of another row. You also have idiots that cut the corner.
stephen wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1olddude View Post
I had to laugh when I parked all alone in the hotel parking lot and came out later to find a twin had done the same thing. Awesome cars!
I do the same thing all the time, but not only with Boxsters. I park next to lonely S2K's, SLK's, Z4's, and 911's.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee View Post
Most folks don't want to show their license plate numbers in pictures. Just a security reminder.

Thanks guys!
"Security reminder"? What kind of security comes from blacking out a license plate which is seen every day by anyone within driving distance of your home and/or office? Never have understood that.

But, as for parking. Yup, as far from the maddening crowd as possible. I call the walk the "Porsche Volks Marche."
schnellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #14

Where is that nano technology self healing paint I read about years ago?

My Black Wrangler self heals, as the scratches simply fill with dirt and blend in with the rest of the unwashed dirt.

My Jeep got keyed at the market and you can't even noticed it now that its dirty again.

I remember thinking that if I had driven the Box instead I would probably be hunting down the offender and painting their vehicle with furniture paint stripper.

It eats the paint clear down to the metal if you ever need to strip and paint a car part etc. Handy Tip!

Interestingly, when I first got my Wrangler 10 years ago, then other folks started showing up with them as well.

Now I'm the only Porsche in the parkinglot so it will be interesting to see how long before there are more Porsches.

The guy with the SLK said he wanted one but changed his mind after he reading somewhere that the transmissions only last 5 years.

I have not heard of that unless your brutal with the clutch.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #15

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post

My Black Wrangler self heals, as the scratches simply fill with dirt and blend in with the rest of the unwashed dirt.

My Jeep got keyed at the market and you can't even noticed it now that its dirty again.

I remember thinking that if I had driven the Box instead I would probably be hunting down the offender and painting their vehicle with furniture paint stripper.
I park my Wrangler alone if possible too. Haven't had any vandalism yet to the Box or the Jeep so I count myself lucky. I don't understand what somebody gets out of trashing someone else's things. Maybe that explains the surge in concealed carry permits.