Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #1

Garage
another successful oil change

well, changed the oil today on the 04 boxsyer S today at 40K. No debris, etc in the oil or filter......always a cause for celebration. With 3 porsches and usually at least 10K a year driven in each one it seems like I am changing oil in something about every month or so.... small price to pay for this much enjoyment. Since buying the lift for the garage I find that I can do an oil change in a very few minutes if you discount the 45 minutes I let it drain to be sure all the old is out. I am sure the dealer does not allow that much drain time. Oh well I just saved myself about $125, Now I can afford that beer I am getting ready to have.

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space.

mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #2

You should let it drain overnight like the previous owner of my 2003 S used to do. I'm sure he got at least a couple of extra drops out that way .
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
Certified Boxster Addict

I used to think that owning a Porsche was living the dream. Now I think its having a lift.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
I used to think that owning a Porsche was living the dream. Now I think its having a lift.
Too true brother, too true.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #5

Garage
The lift isn't as expensive as you might think. I bought an 8,000 pound atlas 4 post lift from greg smith for just over 2 grand including delivery cost. I also sprung for the optional jack system that rolls along the rails and will lift the front or rear of the car for another $500 and change. With 3 porsches it paid for itself in the first year. It comes in a crate, but I assembled it in just a few hours with only my wifes help/supervision . If you are going to drive these cars and aren't rolling in money to pay the dealers prices, a lift is a tremendous investment. Plus now I can get 3 porsches in a 2 car garage.

mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote