Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2005, 07:47 PM   #1

Angry Hope you had a better day

Apparently, somebody decided I needed a sun roof or two. They didn’t manage to steal anything though. I'm not sure if the car’s security stuff stopped them or scared them off or if they were just trying to cause damage. There has been a wave of "Rich people go home" kind of stuff in the last few months as the "urban revival" thing is becoming more and more popular.

A bunch of cars in the area were broken into the same night. Apparently, the only two cars that didn’t have stuff stolen from them were mine and a guy with a Z4. I had my Solo S2 in the windshield and the Z4 guy had an iPod on the dash and they didn’t take either. The punks only went after convertibles. It was a pretty strange thing overall, IMO, mainly because to get to my car they must have walked right past the brand new C4S (which they seemingly ignored) that parks a few spots away from me.

I think the little barf guy about sums its up

Old 11-14-2005, 08:14 PM   #2

I feel real bad for you Q. That looks bad and just a bunch of punks who wanted to just cause some damage. Hope that your insurance will take care of it and take care of it quickly.

Sorry.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:51 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to St. Louis Boxster
Sorry man. What a horrible surprise to walk up to. I really, really hate driving the Box into the city for the same reasons. I sit at a Cardinal game wondering who is screwing up my car in the $10 lot.

It's a tough world full of idiots that try to make their lives better by messing with yours. Keep your head up buddy and be glad you didn't run into this pack of thugs yourself walking out to your car. Your insurance should take care of the damage and being a comprehensive type claim your premiums shouldn't be affected too badly.

Hang in there !!

Gus
Old 11-15-2005, 05:46 AM   #4

My condolences!

Now as to the losers who did this, anyone see my aluminum baseball bat around here?

:troll:
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 12:17 PM   #5

wow looks like they had some time to do the job. That doesn't look like something you can do in two seconds. I'm sure the guys who did that live nearby and know what would be the right time to do some bs like this. Is there any surveilance video?
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 12:37 PM   #6
bmussatti

QporscheQ, man that sucks! I feel sorry for you.

I was in St. Louis a couple months ago, and my Ford Explorer (company car) got broken into while parked in the parking structure by the Marriott Renaissance Grand Hotel on Washington Street. And that's a $20 a day lot. They stole a bunch of stuff.

There have been a lot of these type break-ins, you described, in the Chicago area too.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:38 PM   #7

Thanks guys. Obviously, the insurance is taking care of it. My insurance agent even called my dealer for me and made an appointment for me to take it in.

The only good thing to come out of this is that my home owners association that owns the garage completely flipped out and is now going crazy overboard with security stuff.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:20 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to jiggysubman
just last week someone lifted the porsche crest of my hood...it was at my girlfriend's dorm. I think it was the same thing, some 18 year old **************************** who thought it would be funny.
jiggysubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 03:25 PM   #9
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by QporscheQ
Thanks guys. Obviously, the insurance is taking care of it. My insurance agent even called my dealer for me and made an appointment for me to take it in.

The only good thing to come out of this is that my home owners association that owns the garage completely flipped out and is now going crazy overboard with security stuff.

QPorscheQ, what dealer do you work with in St. Louis? the one in Creve Couer or Richmond Heights??
Old 11-19-2005, 04:45 AM   #10

The one in Creve Coeur (Plaza Motors) I used to live up the street from it, and didnt really see a big reason to start going to the other one after I moved even though it is closer to where I live now.