Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2005, 05:59 PM   #1

Waxing with Klass all in one?

I just bought Klasse All in one and Their Gloss coat. It came with a microfiber pad and a foam pad applicator. I just did the trunk with All in one. The trunk looks very shinny but you can see asort of haze or streaking. I am praying that the micro fiber pad did not scratch the hood. Has anyone had this experienc with Klasse products. If not what are you using to add the All in one to the paint
thanks

Joji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:01 PM   #2

Talking

If you have any detailer spray, spray it on and wipe off. Should be fine!
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:50 PM   #3

The closer I look it looks like tiny sctraches but I don't think they are. I am going to try a regular 100% cotton cloth instead of the micro fiber pad. It looks like the marks are from the pad. Maybe I was pressing to hard. What do you use to apply it
thanks
Old 10-25-2005, 07:17 PM   #4
bmussatti

Joji, a great web-site for car care tips, waxing and supplies is www.autopia.org.

Check it out!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:24 PM   #5

go easy on the AIO

Use very little of the AIO and use detailing spray to help lubricate as you go. Use the size of a nickel to do the trunk. A little of the stuff goes a long way. I use the microfiber pad to apply and a 100% cotton towel to buff off.
Kevlar986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 05:24 AM   #6

do you spray the detailing spray on the car first and then rub in the AIO. I think I was using to much. I used about athe size of dime but I did this for evey 2 feet of car space. I did not see much going on after so I used more. The hood was about 4 servings of the dime size.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:30 AM   #7

The detailing spray is used after the AIO dries to make the removal easier. Usually this is not required unless you use too much AIO.

Tips for Klasse use of AIO are on the site mentioned above. Once you master it, it is very very easy to use.

The Klasse Sealant will make those "scratches" disappear.

The Microfiber should not present a problem for you.

Good luck.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 06:39 AM   #8

Here are the instruction I follow, and have had many great comments on my finish even the dealer is impressed.

Klasse All-In-One Hand Application

1. Thoroughly wash and dry your vehicle. Remember to work in the shade.

2. If you feel any rough spots on your vehicle, you may use a clay bar to remove any surface contaminants that survived the washing process. It’s an optional step, but worth the extra time.

3. Lightly dampen a terry cloth or a microfiber applicator pad. Pour a nickel-sized amount of Klasse All-In-One on the pad and apply to one area in long, overlapping strokes. Use light pressure, but not enough to tire your arm.

4. Use a clean terry cloth or microfiber detailing towel to wipe off product, even if you can’t see residue. Complete one section before moving on to the next.

5. Your vehicle will be clean, polished and protected for 4 to 8 months.

Tip: To dampen your applicator pad, try using a quick detailing spray such as Wolfgang Instant Sealant Spritz. The lubricants in the spray will make application even easier.

Tip: It takes very little Klasse All-In-One to polish your entire car. One nickel-sized drop will cover at least half, if not your entire hood, depending on how large your vehicle is. There should be little, if any, residue left on the area after you’ve applied Klasse. If you can see it, you’ve applied too much. Spread the excess until you can’t see residue. If you try to buff an area that is still wet, it will streak.

Don’t forget you can use Klasse All-In-One on your windows, wheels, chrome, headlights, and trim. Follow the same steps. Do not use on Wind Screen!!!
Kevlar986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:49 AM   #9

I use Sonus Acrylic Spritz to dampen the MF pad for SG.
With AIO I use a foam pad that spread the product evenly.

Here's an interview with a Klasse exec on the proper way to use Klasse
http://www.properautocare.com/inwiklusa.html
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:06 AM   #10

Be cafeful with 100% cotton, as most towels labeled 100% cotton still contain some polyester..which can cause swirl marks in your paint. To check, use a blank Cd...rub the towel across the Cd to se if it leaves any marks. If it will scratch the Cd it will do the same to your paint.

I use DF concours towels will good results. Sorry no info on Klasse but the sites mentioned previously in the thread are excellent sources of info about detailing.
KShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:59 AM   #11

I think what might be happening is I am not letting the AIO dry long enough. I rubbed it on and used a microfiber towel to take it off immediately after using it. I think it is leaving long streak marks. Plus besides using way to much.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:59 AM   #12

there is no waiting necessary for AIO. Its an acrylic so it bonds imediately to the surface. Wipe on Wipe off. Streaking may alos be in due in part to your buffing method. Never wax on wax off in circles. You should use long strokes working from left to right, a good method to preven missed areas.

When I get streaking its usually due to uneven application of AIO and not turning the polishing towel often enough. You want to make sure the surface of the towel is as free of wax as possible as you remove the AIO. I also try to avoid dry rubbing any surface. Whether is cleaning, lifting polish, or buffing, I always try to make sure the surface is wet of damp before contacting paint with towel.

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote