Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #1

Garage
road raged

Road rage victem last night. A DUI cut me off switching lane when I blew my horn at him he started the braking game. Finally got to a light where I deliberatly stayed back the lenght of his car and he got out and kicked the car several times breaking off the passenger side mirror got his license and followed him at a distance until he stopped at his next bar. ID him to police and had him arrested.

* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #2

good job, he get a DUI too or they couldn't get him on that because he wasn't driving when they got him?
keysguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:33 AM   #3
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
Sounds like leaving him alone would have been less of a hassle for you and your ride would still be in one piece. He may have been the aggressor, but going on your way you would be able to write this off as just another idiot encounter.

I would spend the better part of my week going after people who do dumb things when driving around town.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:48 AM   #4
Ex Esso kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric G View Post
Sounds like leaving him alone would have been less of a hassle for you and your ride would still be in one piece. He may have been the aggressor, but going on your way you would be able to write this off as just another idiot encounter.

I would spend the better part of my week going after people who do dumb things when driving around town.

There's a lot to be said for this, however, if this guy is driving drunk whenever he wants, It's good to get his ass in a program.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:51 AM   #5

It amazes me that there are so many road rage incidents in a country when so many people have concealed carry permits and the self-defense argument is so readily accepted. What's really amazing is how few people end up actually getting shot.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:59 AM   #6
Ex Esso kid

In my state if you shoot someone it has to be due to them confronting you with equal deadly force. Take this same scenario, yank your Colt when the guy breaks the mirror and now what? You can't legally shoot him, in fact you're the one in trouble for brandishing a weapon. When I carry, I go out of my way to avoid even the smallest confrontation, I've never pulled it and I hope I never do. In NY you can't even shoot an intruder in your home if they are unarmed which I think is nonsense.

Last edited by Ghostrider 310; 11-12-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsceash View Post
ID him to police and had him arrested.
Thanks for doing that. You may have saved someones life when he left the bar.

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #8

Garage
Good to hear you weren't hurt or injured. Even better the guy was arrested.

Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote