Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Homeboy981

Garage
North Texas Boxsters MEET!

Or should we say, "Meet the North Texas Boxsters!"

We have the thread posted at:

Porsche Boxster Owners and Others > Off Topic > Regional Clubs and Associations > North Texas Boxster Enthusiasts Meet for 1st Time!

Check it out! it was FUN! Nice cars too!

Here is a sample…

Make sure to make the next meeting in a couple weeks! PM me for details….

"See YA!" there next time.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #2

Good turnout,, I missed it ! be there for the next one all the cars look good
bebeto986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #3

Garage
I just bought a $5 raffle ticket from the Kiwanis. First prize is a one week vacation in North texas. Second prize is a two week vacation in North Texas ! If I win, I will certainly stop in.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
Ex Esso kid

So you're going to drop a "stanley steamer" on Texas when you drive in the land of bumper cars? You might be driving the only car from Mass without road rash on it from the thunder dome you guys have the nerve to call a public roadway.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #5

i want to see more pix of that red box with a CF hood please.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
Homeboy981

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
i want to see more pix of that red box with a CF hood please.
@RandallNeighbour - We ALL wanted to see it! It drew Boxster owners like flypaper@ That one stole the show. Of course it was a real race car. To look at it is one thing…but to even sit in it - now we KNOW WHY he is SO FAST!

The car has REAL GT3 seats. Man, those things fit your bum like a glove! He said he could drive around with those seats and go into turns and drive "with his finger instead of clutching the steering wheel" due to the fact that the seat really keeps you in place from your seat up to middle of the back…it is in there solidly! He has racing belts behind the seat too! Would love to see this thing on the track…I could probably even turn GOOD LAP TIMES! I'm sure the PSS9s help! Boy, were they low! How low you ask?

See for yourself….

Funny story. I was trying to cook burgers and fries. Tried to do the fries first…but every time, the Boxsters kept coming, getting better and better….I burned 3 batches! So we had chips instead!

TIP: Do NOT cook fries when the Boxster are arriving!

@JD - hope you win. Sounds like good odds - so we'll see you here! The boys really wanted you to show! Gotta see what's under that fancy bodywork!

@Ghostrider 310 - you are welcome too! We even have a place in our hearts and driveway for one of those 7 speeds! And roads you can put it on that are TWISTY, don't know about the bumper cars? We try to avoid that. If you saw the cars that were here, they hardly had any 'road rash'. I know you could at least get through 6 gears here! We'll give it try IF you come down!

All in all it was a blast and WE WILL do it again! Enjoy!
Old 11-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #7

Garage
Damn nice turn out!! Can't wait for the next time you guys decide to get together...I will be there. Did you guys set up a ride afterwards?
Old 11-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #8

I can't make the next one, but I will happily drive up for another meet from Houston unless these meets happen in Odessa! Are you guys meeting in Dallas/Ft Worth?
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #9
Homeboy981

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxonalden View Post
Damn nice turn out!! Can't wait for the next time you guys decide to get together...I will be there. Did you guys set up a ride afterwards?
Hi @Jaxonalden,

We missed ya! Wasn't much notice to give, we will do better next time.

Wish we would have done a drive! I had some REAL TWISTYS, not your normal Texas roads, to go on around here! Google: FM455 between Anna and Celina…used to take our bikes, now I test my car there! It will be up to the members on the drive.

There was just not enough time to meet, eat and drive. Great bunch of guys though. That may be why we did not get driving! Spent too much time yaking….you see my posts so you know what they were up against!

Hey @RandallNeighbour,

No to Odessa, I hope. If I do end up there it will NOT be by my choosing.

We planned to meet at various locations around the DFW Metroplex…depending on what we are doing. We had a couple people express an interest in coming from Houston, one from OK. So central DFW is best for everyone.

UPDATE: John (Che) Lin at Top Speed Pro-1 (see address below) JUST NOW graciously offered his facility. So now that is an option too.

John also said, "SSK (Short Shift Kits) are looking at mid December shipment, Cat Back Exhaust systems are in 2 weeks." THIS IS FOR NTBE MEMBERS ONLY - PM me IF you are interested, since he has given us a "SPECIAL PRICE" too!

How do you like us NOW? YOU WANT to be a member, right?

Saturday I fell in love with my house again….it had a driveway full of Boxsters!

Thanks,
Mark

* John (Che) Lin
TOP SPEED PRO-1
www.topspeedauto.com
4109 BILLY MITCHELL DRIVE
ADDISION, TX 75001
TEL: 972-233-0888
Old 11-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #10

Garage
As it turns out, I didn't win the raffle. However, I may still be able to make it after all ! The "Command" is thinking of putting the "Danger Bird" back in service !
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #11

Garage
Sorry Johhny,

Here in Texas we only ride horses. I don't think that'll fly around here.

Last edited by Kenny Boxster; 11-12-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #12

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Boxster View Post
Sorry Johhny,

Here in Texas we only ride horses. I don't think that'll fly around here.
I'll throw a saddle on it !