Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2021, 01:46 PM   #6261

Thanks all. Here's a slightly more arty pic as my photography talent is much worse than my driving ability.

2003 Boxster S, Seal Grey
Traco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 01:06 AM   #6262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traco View Post
Thanks all. Here's a slightly more arty pic as my photography talent is much worse than my driving ability.
Very nice photography, what did you use to take those photos? Was it a dlsr or iPhone possibly?
Old 04-18-2021, 02:58 AM   #6263

Just a $250/300 Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro. It has a good camera but nothing special. Think I just got lucky.

I have an old Cannon DSLR but never use it, thought about buying some of the newer more compact digital ones but I probably wouldn't use them either so would be a waste.

I love a good pic but very rarely take anything of note. As the saying goes the best camera is the one you have with you.

That shot is just a zoomed in crop of this one. There you go now - all my skills laid bare and shown up as the photography fraud I am. I was trying not to slip down into the icy steam behind me as I was taking it.
2003 Boxster S, Seal Grey
Traco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:03 AM   #6264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traco View Post
Just a $250/300 Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro. It has a good camera but nothing special. Think I just got lucky.

I have an old Cannon DSLR but never use it, thought about buying some of the newer more compact digital ones but I probably wouldn't use them either so would be a waste.

I love a good pic but very rarely take anything of note. As the saying goes the best camera is the one you have with you.

That shot is just a zoomed in crop of this one. There you go now - all my skills laid bare and shown up as the photography fraud I am. I was trying not to slip down into the icy steam behind me as I was taking it.
The cameras on phones these days are pretty dam good, but the skill is in the framing. You have a good eye. I used to be a serious hobbyist, but life caught up. Any enjoyed the photos.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:01 PM   #6265

So I got 4 of the wee rear speakers. Turns out they are a bit smaller than the OEM ones. So I made a pair of boxes. I do prefer the sound of an enclosed speaker anyway, and my make shift way of mounting the oem ones was bothering me.

The sound these things produce is MUCH better than the OEM speakers I had. IDK if its the box or just that they are new, but its much crisper and cleaner sound quality.

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 05:43 PM   #6266
1997 Tip, 2018 Macan

Garage
Just for the pleasure of it

Yardwork, check. Honey do list, check. Top down trip up the mountain, check. 92 in the valley, 70 at the ski-lift.

rexcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 05:54 AM   #6267

Garage
Got it out of the shop for the first time this year!! Top down, and took wife to dinner.
Old 05-01-2021, 12:06 PM   #6268

Garage
Replaced my front fender! I had an unfortunate encounter with a deer over a year ago now and finally found a replacement locally in the correct color. Removal and installation was a fairly easy job overall. The adjustable headlight tray mounts were a bit tricky at first. Haven't checked headlight alignment yet, just set them to what they were before. Should be close enough I think.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2021, 02:05 PM   #6269

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLImages View Post
Replaced my front fender! I had an unfortunate encounter with a deer over a year ago now and finally found a replacement locally in the correct color. Removal and installation was a fairly easy job overall. The adjustable headlight tray mounts were a bit tricky at first. Haven't checked headlight alignment yet, just set them to what they were before. Should be close enough I think.

Did the donner car have a good right front fender??? I'm in need.

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 02:27 PM   #6270

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qingdao View Post
Did the donner car have a good right front fender??? I'm in need.
I think they only had the one the fender and a few other misc parts left but not 100% sure. I got it from Enthusiast Car Parts (828) 301-1836 in Flat Rock, NC. They were really nice, I'd give them a call and see what they have.

Old 05-02-2021, 03:41 PM   #6271

A couple of weeks ago I installed my GT3 seats and harness bar and harnesses for the first time. The harness bar required the removal of the rear shelf compartment over the engine cover. When I went for a drive I thought the exhaust sounded a little different, and I chalked it up to less sound insulation over the engine cover due to the lack of the rear shelf unit. Today I went out for a top down drive, and it sounded more like an exhaust leak. When I got home I took a peak underneath, and saw a crack in the weld after the small muffler in my Circuit Werks mid pipe on the passenger side. My shop thinks it can be rewelded, I'll take it in this week, since I have an autocross next Saturday.
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 05:47 PM   #6272

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
That looks like an easy repair, specially if they can do it without removing the muffler
Old 05-03-2021, 04:49 AM   #6273
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Not a "What I did" but a "What I'm going to do" today...

Driving my wife into work this morning, 40 miles down the hill to Palm Desert... 40 miles home to meet the tow truck where the car... which has been sitting for 6 months... will then be towed to Riverside for the tranny repair. I'll be right behind the tow truck. After meeting with the shop owner it's a drive home to kick things around until I return to Palm Desert to pick up the wife at 5.

A 300 mile day. :dance:
Old 05-03-2021, 10:25 AM   #6274

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
That looks like an easy repair, specially if they can do it without removing the muffler
I just dropped it off this morning. They expect to pull the midpipe out to repair it, not sure if that means dropping the muffler or not. Should have it back in a day or two, in time for my autocross on Saturday!
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
Old 05-03-2021, 10:33 AM   #6275

Garage

I removed my cheese grater clutch and brake pedals, for the comfy stock rubber. This make barefoot driving more comfy.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:30 PM   #6276

I picked up my car from the shop today. They welded the midpipe back together, added a couple of gussets for strength and also welded some broken mounting tabs. So I'm good to go for Saturday's autocross!

Old 05-08-2021, 06:32 AM   #6277

What did you do with/to your Boxster today?

Installed new Litronics headlights today. With 700 lm LEDs in the fog lights to retain my DRL hack. I thought my refurbed headlights looked great until I unboxed the new units.

In addition to the appearance, the wiring insulation was history on my original units and the self leveling was noisy on startup. All better now ;-)

Also, recently installed my factory Speedster humps just back from the paint shop. I love them. Weather permitting won’t see the top until the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 05-08-2021 at 01:58 PM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 10:38 AM   #6278
WALDMEISTER

Garage
LOVELY!
Pretty much happens to my Boxster every year. Humps on...Top gone. For months ... lol
Old 05-09-2021, 05:09 AM   #6279
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAN View Post
LOVELY!
Pretty much happens to my Boxster every year. Humps on...Top gone. For months ... lol
Bran! You look so different!
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 06:57 AM   #6280

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAN View Post
LOVELY!
Always wondered if there is any harm to never putting the top up. I have 2-3 times in the short 5 months I've owned mine but only if it looked like rain was a possibility.

Radman is offline   Reply With Quote