Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #1

Need opinions...

Hey everybody I've been lurking on this forum learning everything and anything I could about these cars for a bout 2 years now. Ever since I first drove a boxster (also 2 years ago) and fell in love with it. I had no idea what a sports car was until I drove one and now I can finally get one.
:dance:

So I've been looking at cars in my area for a few months and found a silver 2001 S with 56k on it for $17,000. Current owner is selling it because he and his wife got harleys and don't have a need for it anymore. He bought it 7 years ago with 42k on it and has had it serviced at a local indy that I trust and was planning on taking it there for the inspection. He has all the service records and the carfax shows the maintenance from the owner before him at Beverly hills Porsche.

I went and drove the car it drives great, looks great just overall in great condition. It has a lot of nice options (Litronics, heated seats, OBC, silver painted console and rollbars, etc.) The only thing I'm unsure about is it's silver and I really wanted a black or red one.

Anyways he was asking $17,000 I offered him $15,000 but he didn't want to go that low. So I waited him out awhile he put it on ebay twice with little success. Then he called me yesterday saying he had someone willing to pay $15,500 tand put $1000 down for him to hold the car so he can fly over to come buy it but he'll sell it to me if I want to match his price. There are a few other cars I kind of have my eye on in my area that I'll link to at the bottom of the post.

So what do you guys think is would you pay $15,500 or is that too high? Would you get one of the other cars or should I be paitent and wait for the car with everything I want? Anyone get a color different than what they wanted and later regretted it? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-Christian

2001 Porsche Boxster Sports Chrono

Other cars...

2001 Porsche Boxster 2dr Roadster Tiptronic Silver 2D Convertible. A Porsche Boxster at Dick Hannah's Hyundai of Portland Portland OR

Used 2002 Porsche Boxster S For Sale in Bend OR | WP0CB29872U661399

00 Porsche Boxster low miles

Logos is offline   Reply With Quote