Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #1

Window / Top issue

Hi All,

I just picked up my 1999 Boxster and realize that when having the soft top up, my window is about 2/3 inches lowered and will not roll up all the way. The only way the window can be rolled up all the way is if the top is down all the way. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alex

axp2948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #2

I think i figured it out... so when i push the button by the review mirror where the soft top latches to, i can roll the window up. however when the soft top latch tries to lock in, i do not believe it's activating that switch that allows me to roll up the windows. can someone please confirm that i need to replace the latch assembly from my soft top? if so, how hard is that?
axp2948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:58 AM   #3

Garage
There is also a position reset procedure you might try before replacing the top microswitch:
With the convertible top fully closed, press the up button on each window and then continue pressing down for about five more seconds. If that doesn't work, it sounds like the microswitch under the latch - you should be ble to test by just using a finger and feel it with the top open. There's a small switch that when depressed turns allows full operation. It may just require a little lubrication, too...

Is the "top in operation" dash light going off at all?

2003S is offline   Reply With Quote