Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2005, 08:04 AM   #1

Maintaining interior leather/vinyl

I am just a little confused about the interior of my boxster. I have the partial leather pkg. and know that the seat surfaces are leather. Are any other surfaces leather? The steering wheel, dash, doors, seat backs? I want to clean and condition and don't know if my Maguiars "Clean and Condition Wipes" will damage the vinyl surfaces. Any help out there...................... Just detailed the car and waxed with Blitz - superb stuff and sooooooooo easy to use!

tonyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 08:25 AM   #2

First off, you need to determine if you have the full leather packcage. This will dertermine how much leather you have in the car.

Re: the standard package, the seat surfaces are leather, the rest of the seat is not. The panels on the doors covering the air bag is leather. The shift boot on the standard trans and the steering wheel cover are also leather.

I use the Lexol cleaner on the vinyl and the leather and it works fine. I then use the Lexol conditioner on the leather only, although it will not hurt the vinyl if you get some on it.
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 08:20 PM   #3

I have partial leather package too. I used to use the meguires clean and condition wipes, just on the seats - even the vinyl part. Didn't hurt them - and I'd been using them for about a year until i recently swtiched to this stuff called blue magic.

Blue magic leather cleaner and conditioner, made by blue magic:

http://www.bluemagic.com/

it works great. I bought the cleaner + conditioner (2 bottle kit) for 10 bucks at Costco. Works soooo much better than the meguires wipes i was using before. The label says it is suitable for both leather and vinyl/plastic. I use it on the dash and other trim too. I have a tan interior. I highly recommend it.

Larez

larez2 is offline   Reply With Quote