Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #41

search is your friend. on this site alone you'll find most of the territory covered here addressed multiple times previously, including the fact that the extreme motorsports guy has been waiting on glass for the past two years.

The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #42

Garage
Two years? Bloody hell! As for the roof manufacturers I know there are multiple companies that make roofs, but they are all overseas and otherwise hard to ship. Nonetheless, any company that would sell a top in the states has my money.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:20 AM   #43

Crossed fingers, I think the guy may finally have the glass for real. He knows i have a zeintop so he isnt trying to sell me one. The reason i know thisl is that he asked a friend from the philippines (who i know personally) to help him order the glass from China without the outrageous minimum quantities usually required. I hope for all those interested that it won't take long for extremotors to finally have a product in the market that is made and assembled from USA.
rdb525i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:06 AM   #44

about 600 ZAR = 75 USD
de-snorkeled, clear lights, sports exhaust, zeintec hard top, zein wing, B&M short shifter, DesignTek lowering springs, DesignTek carbon fibre strut brace front and rear, 18'' carerra 5 spokes, semi slick tyres, entire soft top delete, engine cover delete,red console,L&N deep sump, volo performance chip, raptor shift light, de-cat'ed, OEM GT3 bucket seats.
sickbananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:03 AM   #45

Zeintec stole my $$

Guess I have a bad taste in my mouth as one of the people who had pre-paid for a top from SA only to eventually find them out of business and my hard earned cash stolen.

Any news on where I can find that creep?

Thanks!
Radical44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #46

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical44 View Post
Guess I have a bad taste in my mouth as one of the people who had pre-paid for a top from SA only to eventually find them out of business and my hard earned cash stolen.

Any news on where I can find that creep?

Thanks!
I believe the owner and overseer of the company was Andreas Zeinberg. The problem is is that alot of people were screwed over buying the tops. Google zeintec out of business and you will find many threads regarding people who bought and never received. Even the distributors were forked over!

If Zeintec comes back it would not be without sentiment; I would be weary of buying from them but with all these lack of aftermarket hardtops, anyone has my business. :ah:
Old 04-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #47

the extreme guy is a crook. he kept a 987 zeintop on ebay for two years, but when you went to buy it he would tell you that he was waiting for glass and that he was using the ebay listing to generate interest. he would then tell you he had another design in the works similar to the dmoris top, when all he had was a picture of a zeintop on a car with the rear hatch removed. stay away.

zeintop is back as z-art. he's on facebook only and has burned several people; you see the postings from them show up on his wall occasionally, until he gets around to removing them.

the zeintop looks cool but isn't really. it creaks, it leaks, it whistles. fiberglass wan't designed to flex that way, that's why oem stuff is metal. the inner/outer shell can separate. it adds 100 lbs where you don't want it - at the highest point of the car. you CAN feel the effect it has on acceleration and handling.

if you want your 'made in the good ole usa' solution, call the guy at boxt cars.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #48

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
the extreme guy is a crook. he kept a 987 zeintop on ebay for two years, but when you went to buy it he would tell you that he was waiting for glass and that he was using the ebay listing to generate interest. he would then tell you he had another design in the works similar to the dmoris top, when all he had was a picture of a zeintop on a car with the rear hatch removed. stay away.

zeintop is back as z-art. he's on facebook only and has burned several people; you see the postings from them show up on his wall occasionally, until he gets around to removing them.

the zeintop looks cool but isn't really. it creaks, it leaks, it whistles. fiberglass wan't designed to flex that way, that's why oem stuff is metal. the inner/outer shell can separate. it adds 100 lbs where you don't want it - at the highest point of the car. you CAN feel the effect it has on acceleration and handling.

if you want your 'made in the good ole usa' solution, call the guy at boxt cars.
Thank you for shedding some light on these unscrupulous activities. As for the country of origin I am really indifferent as to where it is produced; it is not good to have such hubris in one's ethnocentrism. Based on what you say, I think the D.Morris top sounds the most promising. The only problem is communication and shipping. :ah:
Old 04-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #49

boxt cars is in the usa and are preparing to start manufacture. they have a poor website, but you can see images of the prototype at redline technik.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #50

Hi guys, I would like to clear it out and hopefull all of u understand and so sorry if my english not perfect. My name is Andreas Zeinecke i live in Switzerland and I`m the Inventor for that top.

EP2006010858 HARD TOP UPPER PART COMPRISING A COVER

the only mistake I make i give this idea and patent to my nephew.

I was and I`m still owner of Z-Art automotive with the business of Christoph (Zeintec) I have nothing do and believe I lost about him my good name and a lot of money as well. What people talking about is the result that Zeintec was`nt very honest to all people around him,my problem is we are carry the same family name.
Friends you can choose...but not your Family.
People around the world still thinks it was my bust also and write to my wall and of course I remove from my wall

But now after a long painfull way for me I was able to restart my business and produce the top with Gary as my partner for all 986 and 987 in a perfect quality again. We will sell with all hardware and glasses. The next step will be a home page soon. We will not call this top as Zeintop again we deal with our customer are very serious.
If any one of you like more information go to my fb side Z-Art automotive or leave me a message zeinecke@bluewin.ch
Z-art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:45 AM   #51

Hello 986forum,

The dodgy reputation of zeintop has my confidence rattled. I would like to know if anyone from this forum has done business with Z-Art?

Thank you in advance

Last edited by Desmodromic; 06-27-2012 at 05:48 AM.
Desmodromic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:46 AM   #52

Hi Desmodromic, wanna try to explain to you what relation I have to Zeintec.... the owner of the bust company is a member of my family. I am the Inventor of that top... and no any other relation since 2007... hope u understand it now.
Z-art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #53

Hi i think I saw your car the other day near white plains, anyway, after seeing it, I didn't think it was a boxster, made me search the for it, yours is Zeintop? I have the same color boxster, where did you get it? Also is it as easy to remove? Can you PM me your number? So I can ask question? hahaha thanks dude!
emcue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #54

Hi 0917 5346133

rdb525i is offline   Reply With Quote