Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 05:54 AM   #21
Matt

I think the best thing the founder could do, if he has the molds as he says he does, is to sell to, or sub-contract through, Porsche to provide them with the tops. His business track record doesn't allow for him to get confidence or trust from prospective buyers or (according to him) banks.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #22

zeintop

My zeintop, was the second out of the mould. Pity the company went under, they spent too much money on R&D, thus driving them to the ground, my top was the first top they sold. My father help them with the fitting points design thus we got my top at a good price. The hinges are good quality but the geometry is wrong, I intend modifying mine so that they can work better. The company were working on some really nice products for the 986 including a 986 to 987 front conversion in a kit form. I live in cape town and the last I heard was that there were 16 unfinished tops still floating around (without glass, fabric roof liner, painted etc) the were going for next to nothing like R3000 for the lot, thats about $400!!! I can try find out were these tops are if anyone is interested...
de-snorkeled, clear lights, sports exhaust, zeintec hard top, zein wing, B&M short shifter, DesignTek lowering springs, DesignTek carbon fibre strut brace front and rear, 18'' carerra 5 spokes, semi slick tyres, entire soft top delete, engine cover delete,red console,L&N deep sump, volo performance chip, raptor shift light, de-cat'ed, OEM GT3 bucket seats.
sickbananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #23

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickbananas View Post

My zeintop, was the second out of the mould. Pity the company went under, they spent too much money on R&D, thus driving them to the ground, my top was the first top they sold. My father help them with the fitting points design thus we got my top at a good price. The hinges are good quality but the geometry is wrong, I intend modifying mine so that they can work better. The company were working on some really nice products for the 986 including a 986 to 987 front conversion in a kit form. I live in cape town and the last I heard was that there were 16 unfinished tops still floating around (without glass, fabric roof liner, painted etc) the were going for next to nothing like R3000 for the lot, thats about $400!!! I can try find out were these tops are if anyone is interested...
I'm sure if you could find the unfinished tops folks would still be interested enough to do a group buy on the forum. I'd think the only hassle would be shipping the tops overseas.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #24

shame no front bumper conversions also lying around...i want one of those. Im a sucker for the 987II headlights and LEDs in the bumper
cbbepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #25

I keep hearing this guy, related to the original supplier, is going to offer the tops again.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Z-ART-automotive/124875237552630
Old 04-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelyx View Post
I don't know how many but, I am ready to pounce on one when of if one becomes available
Hi there, you can get as many tops u like for 987 or 986 the tops are made now in high quality from the Inventor it self ....Top are now "Porsche like" new hinges design.. fits well.. no noicemaker as before.. and all hardware including come with rear and sideglas tops are ready for paint price for 986 top are from 3400.--USD / 987 are from 3600.-- USD + shipping...payable by PAYPAL all funds are safe... Bulk orders are wellcome. PLEASE note:we do not have any relation to Zeintec at all.. we was and are independent Company and dealing serious. For more info zeinecke@bluewin
Z-art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:54 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickbananas View Post

Hi there, try to go in touch with Gary ...he is located in CT cell: 072 385 8116 the tops are back in town and serious are made....no missfits at all just Porsche standart
Old 04-08-2012, 01:57 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Red Rocket 3 View Post
Landrovered.

Will you please post some pictures of the inside of the Zientop. My wife and I are on the search for one. Are they as nice inside as the Porsche hardtop ?
Tops as many u want, all hardware including, leave me a messages
zeinecke@bluewin.ch or at fb z-art automotive
Old 04-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #29

We restart to sell the top made by the founder//inventor it self. We are ready to deliver
Old 04-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #30

Garage
What would it cost to ship a top to California? (Zip Code: 95503). Just curious on how much it would cost after it is all said and done.

Since the top is $3400 before shipping and before paint.
Mrmaddbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #31

hardtop

Hi leave me email adress by PM
Regards Andreas

or let us try to order by bulk 3 or 4 at once ...seems much much sheaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmaddbrad View Post
What would it cost to ship a top to California? (Zip Code: 95503). Just curious on how much it would cost after it is all said and done.

Since the top is $3400 before shipping and before paint.