Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2005, 08:24 PM   #1

San Diego Meet?

We seem to have a number of guys here from the San Diego/North County area. Does anyone want to get together sometime for a little meet? The end of July sounds like a good time to me, I know there's at least one member from out of town that's going to be here at that time.

eslai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:44 PM   #2

Assuming I'm out of break-in at that time, count me in. A couple of other San Diego-centric questions for you or other San Diegian:

What's your favorite 'boxster' road in the area? I live in La Jolla Village and there doesn't seem to be many long and windy boxster roads in the area. I've heard in North County to take the road to Mt. Palomar. My Harley riding buddy tells me that that's where he and his friends go on their bikes.

Have you thought about joining the PCASDR? We checked out the autocross down at Qualcomm last w/e and it was pretty cool although got a little dull to watch after a bit. Three or four 986s were autoxing (even saw a boxster bring it's rear end around trying to make the last turn before the grand-stand - hope it wasn't anyone on this board). Anyway, the chapter is apparently one of the most active out there, so I was thinking about joining. But I'm not sure I want to go to all that hassle involved in prepping the car for an autocross (I sure as hell am not inclined to bolt a fire extinguisher to the frame, plus those Snell helmets give you bad hair). But I might see what other sort of Boxster-friendly activities they have. However, if it's a bunch of 911-luvvin Rancho Santa Fe-ians badmouthing the Box I'm gonna have to stay clear.
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:36 AM   #3

Talking

I would be up for a meet. Perhaps a drive to somewhere, eat, talk cars etc.

I might not have a Box in stock at that time so if I show up in a 911, is that OK?

I promise no bashing the Box, which I love. I am simply low on stock right now.

RE: the roads, North County has some nice ones for nice sweepers etc. La Jolla is very jammed these days, no?

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:56 AM   #4

I'm in San Clemente but would be up for meeting you guys in SD. A Sunday would be great.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:39 AM   #5

I am the "out of town" guy eslai mentioned... plans have changed a bit. I was originally going to be in San Diego, but my buddy is vacationing in Oceanside and I will arrive there the afternoon of the 25th after a 6 hour drive from Tucson.

Considering I've only got that afternoon and evening with my buddy, I think I need to bow out. But I do think you SD area people should go for a drive somewhere! I will miss you unless you all decided to do it in Oceanside that Sunday afternoon.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 11:46 AM   #6

Smile

I'm from San Fernando Valley, can you give me more details. Thanks
speedyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
I am the "out of town" guy eslai mentioned... plans have changed a bit. I was originally going to be in San Diego, but my buddy is vacationing in Oceanside and I will arrive there the afternoon of the 25th after a 6 hour drive from Tucson.

Considering I've only got that afternoon and evening with my buddy, I think I need to bow out. But I do think you SD area people should go for a drive somewhere! I will miss you unless you all decided to do it in Oceanside that Sunday afternoon.
Oceanside basically IS San Diego also. That's North County. Hell, slogans7 lives farther away than that.
eslai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:53 PM   #8

Suggested drive

How 'bout a drive up to Julian?
Old 07-01-2005, 04:29 PM   #9

Talking

The Julian drive can be nice. It will be hot so a cold beer is a must!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote