Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #1

Porsche windscreen sticker

So I bought a porsche sticker to go on the windscreen. The kind that just says PORSCHE. I know I have to clean the windscreen first but then do I tape it and just rub it on or do I have to wet the window for it to stick? Of course no instructions came with it. thanks much !

houstoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #2

Cool Porsche stick-on

Those stickers are self-peeling.... Make sure the windscreen is clean, line them up on the spot you wish, make sure it's lined up straight and even, and gradually peel of the wax paper that it came with...
(note) this are really sticky like glue. so make sure it ends up where you want them to be.. if you have to measure the end to end, or top to bottom clearance, put a temporary marker and then slide them in the spot, lifting it from one end to the other..
good luck and post a pic of the finish product.
t2-bxtrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #3

Garage
What part of Houston are you at?

boxster6354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #4

I did the sticker, and after a while it peels on the corners, and looks tacky. So I took the windscreen to a local glass etcher. They etched the same font and size of the sticker in a frosted color into the plexiglass.

http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11351&highlight=etching
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley

Last edited by jhandy; 07-18-2011 at 01:44 PM.
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #5

Suggest using blue painter tape to mark location for setting. However, if you're still afraid of screwing up their alignment, you can put down some soapy water on the surface so you can slide the stickers around a bit to line them up properly. Just make sure you squeegee out any soap/water to get full adhesion. Painters tape should be more than sufficient though...

Good luck
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhandy
I did the sticker, and after a while it peels on the corners, and looks tacky. So I took the windscreen to a local glass etcher. They etched the same font and size of the sticker in a frosted color into the plexiglass.

http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11351&highlight=etching

Great idea; I didn't think of that ! went to the thread but the pics aren't there
Old 07-19-2011, 06:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxster6354
What part of Houston are you at?

I'm not in Houston; last name is Houston. I'm in San Antonio.