Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 04:09 AM   #21

Hard to beat red on beige....

Attached Images

'01 S - Guards Red / Beige - Surrendered - 04.18.12
jwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:16 AM   #22

Garage
Tough guys look away, mothers pull their children closer and priests and politicians run for cover when they see the Dangermobile rolling through !!
Attached Images

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 03-12-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:22 AM   #23
JTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnaker
Midnight Blue, because I like it.
I was looking for a dark green Boxster with tan interior but found an Ocean blue with tan interior. I really like it.
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:05 AM   #24
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Johnny, Yellow is such a classic Boxster color! First time I saw your car on the forum I thought it was sweet...still looks awesome...even coming from a golden gloves guy.

Jwade, what options did you ad? I see 4 things I want to add to mine (or wanted on it) but it will really add to the cost of my car...if I could have found one with the options it would have been great but they are hard to find. Beige, clear rear lights, 18s, and that nice exhaust. I did the red bumperettes. What a perfect combo you have.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:55 AM   #25

Another nice thing about Platinum Silver on a 2011 is that the body color automatically matches* the roll bars and side engine air intakes if you like the look. For other colors it is an extra cost option.

*If it is not an exact match, it is so close I really can't tell the difference. Pretty close the the color of the rims as well.
PhilNotHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #26

Jwade, what options did you ad? I see 4 things I want to add to mine (or wanted on it) but it will really add to the cost of my car...if I could have found one with the options it would have been great but they are hard to find. Beige, clear rear lights, 18s, and that nice exhaust. I did the red bumperettes. What a perfect combo you have.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Whip! The car originally had the 18" wheels, litronics, full leather and a few other nice options.

I added the Eisenman PSE (actually found in Oregan sitting new in someones garage boxed up), the clear tail lights and front markers I got from Suncoast (easy to install and really make the car) and bumperettes (Eric @ Bumperplugs did a great job).

You see the other mods I have in my sig. The headers and bypass pipes are a must and the RoW suspension is perfect for my needs...If I had to add anything else, it would be the IPD Plenum w/ 74mm throttle body and a Softronic re-flash. I'm waiting to hear what another forum member posts up about his recent purchase...

That's about all I can do at this time but if I came into a large amount of throw away cash, I would take it to RUF for a complete serial # conversion....but honestly the car is just right now and I think I'd rather have fun with it...30k+ is a little steep, but would most likely make it collectible as not many exist.

'01 S - Guards Red / Beige - Surrendered - 04.18.12
jwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #27

Guards Red - because it's my favorite car color. Eye catching I guess...

Black Interior - for contrast and wear & tear reasons.

Chrome Rims - because my wife told me too... seriously....she really did...and I did what she told me too...best advice I ever took...who knew chrome rims were an aphrodisiac for women?

Old 03-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
Tough guys look away, mothers pull their children closer and priests and politicians run for cover when they see the Dangermobile rolling through !!

Very funny...I think Boxsters look great in yellow...not all cars can pull yellow off well (Corvettes)....
Old 03-12-2011, 11:59 AM   #29

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by r9i8c7k
Guards Red - because it's my favorite car color. Eye catching I guess...

Black Interior - for contrast and wear & tear reasons.

Chrome Rims - because my wife told me too... seriously....she really did...and I did what she told me too...best advice I ever took...who knew chrome rims were an aphrodisiac for women?

Red with a black "gut" is an excellent combination. I can't stand it when a bold exterior color is combined with a "soft" interior. It makes the vehicle look like a lady's handbag !
Except for Jwades's boxster. That looks good.

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 03-12-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #30

Quote:
This is why poor Johnny never gets asked out, has few friends and spends so much time on this site! No wonder he is obsessed with the color of underware! I hope those priests will pray for J.D.

AkL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #31

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield
This is why poor Johnny never gets asked out, has few friends and spends so much time on this site! No wonder he is obsessed with the color of underware! I hope those priests will pray for J.D.

AkL

Actually, my fifth wife is coming over to visit tonight . In the event she wants to slip into something more comfortable, just for you, I'll ask her to put on something purple . If that happens, you might want to say a prayer for us both !
Old 03-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #32

Quote:
Actually, my fifth wife is coming over to visit tonight . In the event she wants to slip into something more comfortable, just for you, I'll ask her to put on something purple . If that happens, you might want to say a prayer for us both !

Fifth eh? I only got to three so you beat me out there. One of us is a slower learner than the other but I don't know which. Keep it sweet, Mr. beet, and pics if possible.

Apologies to the original intent of this thread but the site of that dangerous Yallar car seems to inspire me.

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:49 PM   #33

Wow, really like that Seal Gray, even more than my Arctic Silver. And the chrome rims on the red cars looks sharp too. I like chrome wheels in general, but don't think they'd look good on a silver car.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:02 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipE350
I've got a black benz and the previous two before that were black so I'm an expert at keeping them beautiful...they are a lot of work but look amazing when taken care of. My 2000 'S' is Red and it is a wonderful color for buffing out and bringing back to new, the previous owner couldn't believe it. I got red because it was the car I wanted at the right price and I didn't see many red 2000 'S' ones when I was looking. I thought it was something different and a classic sports car color.

I think a black boxster needs to be keep perfect to look nice. Easy if I buy a new one but a ten year old car...the odds of finding that were slim...especially since microfiber wasn't being used back then.

The color I initially wanted after seeing was this gray color below...it looks beautiful, hides most imperfections, and I think makes the car look a little larger.
What do I need to know about microfiber black and the quest for perfection?
Old 03-14-2011, 12:01 PM   #35

Speed Yellow - Everyone knows its the fastest color!
renzop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by renzop
Speed Yellow - Everyone knows its the fastest color!
And one of the safest...easy to see.
PhilNotHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:37 AM   #37

First = Arctic/Terra Cotta = Classic, IMHO!

Next one? Won't care as much what it looks like...my first drive in one and I had to "get" it.

The balance, the tip-in point (I just got it and am cracking up at the tendency to want to tip in early)...I just didn't "get" it until I drove it. (Then I got it.)

This is a real "driving machine" to me. Color is less important when it delivers on feel like this (or I am just telling myself that right now).

That said, I really love the silver and the way it looks with a color interior...

But I had a car with a black exterior for about a decade and didn't want a black Boxster...until I saw a 986forum member with a black hardtop! Oh, that looks good!

Now, how I feel about the driving feel/balance combined with the way the cars look on this forum and I don't want to count out any color.

(BTW, the Dangermobile has some really nice wheels...sorry for the OT.)

Now for the "fair and balanced" part of the review...as a previous owner of an Alfa (yes, the 986 feels SO much better) the italians know how to do red. And the Midnight Blue is a real sleeper to me on the Boxster (which is not bad for flying under the radar)...but I would like it with a dunkel brown vs. a light tan interior.

I'm just happy that I'm really digging the orange and on the Boxster now!

Attached is an image of me trying to look nonchalant the day I drove my Arctic Silver (Used) Boxster home.
Attached Images

Last edited by C Three PO; 03-15-2011 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Excessive Hyphenation
C Three PO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:43 AM   #38

Garage
Dark blue works for me
looks black @ night
not as hard to keep clean as black

As for interior light grey/grey is great
because if u leave the top open. ...
the sun doesn't heat it up as much as a black interior
beige would work well also for interior color(warm)

My 2 cents
Chris
Old 03-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #39

Garage
My Boxster S is the funnest car I have ever driven & I used to test drive new cars for a living. The last 3 cars I have owned have been Yellow with black interior & top. Yellow is bright & cheery to me & it seems to invoke a emotional response from everyone that sees it, babys to elderly. Especially guys in big trucks.
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #40

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver
Yellow is bright & cheery to me & it seems to invoke a emotional response from everyone that sees it, babys to elderly. Especially guys in big trucks.
And don't forget these guys parked in the mid-berm drinking coffee. You know, the guys that have to choose between taking another bite of their doughnut or pick up the radar gun.

Mine is Lapis Blue and flying under the radar.....

nieuwhzn is offline   Reply With Quote