Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2005, 05:28 AM   #1

New Member - '06 Boxster S on order

After passing on my Lotus Elise order slot because of the size of the car and anticipated challenges in the ownership experience, I test drove a Boxster S and was really impressed. Having loved Porsche since a kid because of a friend's father's Porsche and, more recently, my brother's '84 911 Carrera it didn't take much for me to think Porsche.

I worked out a fair deal with my local dealer for a July 1 build slot for an early 2006 Boxster S with late August delivery. It is pretty heavily optioned as far as performance options go:

2006 Boxster S 987
BASE Porsche Base Model
Y1 Seal Grey Metallic
V4 Metropol Blue Top
FC Sea Blue Sport Seats
C02 U.S. Standard/Emissions
P74 Bi-Xenon Headlamp Package
XCZ Sport Shifter
403 19" Carrera S Wheel
475 PASM
573 Automatic Climate Control
551 Porsche Windstop (Deflector)
342 Heated Front Seats
M6B Sea Blue Floor Mats
P01 Adaptive Sport Seats
639 Sport Chrono Pkg W/Out PCM
435 Sport Steering Wheel

The Boxster will join the stable with a '02 MB C32 AMG and a modded '03 Subaru WRX. I do quite a bit of autocrossing and track days and look forward to driving the Boxster in these events.

I'm glad I finally found a good Boxster board and look forward to reviewing it regularly.

Carl

Carl AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 05:50 AM   #2

Carl,

Welcome to the board and congrats on the 06 Box-car S. You have a well optioned car. Those 19" rims you ordered wont do much for you in AX but for a street car you are going to luv it.

Mike

2003 Audi TT quattro Coupe
6-speed 225 HP Black/Black/Black
it's stock...no really it's stock man

My other car was a 2001 Boxster
MLegere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 06:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLegere
Carl,

Welcome to the board and congrats on the 06 Box-car S. You have a well optioned car. Those 19" rims you ordered wont do much for you in AX but for a street car you are going to luv it.

Mike
I like the looks of the 19's for the street but I'll be shopping for a set of smaller diameter wheels/R compounds for the track and autocross. I have a track wheel set up for both my performance cars and, to my wife's dismay, the Boxster S will be no different.

It's tough to find any good selection of R compounds even in 18 inch diameter. I originally was thinking 18" but will any 17's fit over the brakes of a 987? If so does anyone have any suggestions for 17" track wheels and tire sizes for a "minus 2" set up?
Old 06-02-2005, 07:31 AM   #4

Welcome aboard and much luck on your new Box!!!!!!!!!!
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl AMG
I like the looks of the 19's for the street but I'll be shopping for a set of smaller diameter wheels/R compounds for the track and autocross. I have a track wheel set up for both my performance cars and, to my wife's dismay, the Boxster S will be no different.

It's tough to find any good selection of R compounds even in 18 inch diameter. I originally was thinking 18" but will any 17's fit over the brakes of a 987? If so does anyone have any suggestions for 17" track wheels and tire sizes for a "minus 2" set up?
The brakes are the same as the standard Boxster--I'd assume that means the rotors are as well. In that case, 17" should fit fine since that's the OEM wheel size for the standard Boxster. Of course, depending on how tight the fitment is that doesn't guarantee that all 17" wheels will fit, but I'm sure you're already aware of all that if you are already in the habit of buying race wheels.

Welcome aboard!
eslai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:29 AM   #6

Finally a Pic!

Here is a picture of my 2 week old Boxster S. Option details are at the top of the thread.

Enjoy!
Old 08-16-2005, 07:36 AM   #7

Sea Blue Interior
Old 08-16-2005, 07:56 AM   #8

Beautiful car!
SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 03:35 PM   #9

Carl,
Double thumbs up on that color combo.

I read your options listing and noticed that you chose the SPORT SEATS. I am curious to know.... The back of your seats have a titanium colored plastic backing. I have an 05' S and my seats have a leather or "leather looking" backing. Your seats also have a strap that holds the seatbelt close to the seat so you don't have to reach completely around to grab the buckle. My 05' does not have that strap..... Do you know, are these items because of the sport seats option or because Porsche made a change for 06'?

Thanks Todd
BoxsterMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:18 PM   #10

Adaptive Sports Seats

I do have the expensive adaptive sports seats and I believe all these items you mentioned are exclusive to these seats. I remember reading the manual saying the strap is on the sport seat only.

The seats are great. Highly adjustable and convenient with the memory features. Makes it much easier when driving after my wife and vica versa.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:21 PM   #11

Talking

Beautiful indeed!
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 07:22 AM   #12

Thumbs up Congrats!

Really looks sharp. I think all of us are impressed with the updated interior workmanship and materials Porsche updated the 987 with. Drive it gloriously and enjoy it. It is an addicting drive.