Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #21

I just don't get why someone would want their Porsche to sound like a Scoobie-doo, or any ricer for that matter.

And yeah..... another +1 on the Harley rant. And add stupid teenagers with their look-at-me subwoofers to that.

Know the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

The dirtbag goes inside the Hoover.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T

Know the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

The dirtbag goes inside the Hoover.
That's a keeper! Almost as good as the Porcupine/Porsche classic!
I still want to do a nice embroidered golf shirt that uses Porsche font but says Porcupine, just to wear to Brumos and Porsche events!!
Old 08-03-2010, 05:53 AM   #23
Crazy Austrian

Garage
Hi guys couldn't help myself after reading your comments on the bikers, I got even with one the other day, we were pulling up to a red light and I had turn left so as I passed him I rapped my throttle and downshifted, Must have scared the *#%& out of him, he cussed me out for the entire duration of the red light. I just snickered
Here is a link to utube on my exhaust sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78yWX9buGSU
and another
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rk1gsC_2DU
harryrcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:30 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sppmo
" I really wish we had some sort of dump system so I could blast the next **************************** on a two wheel tractor (Harley-Davidson) I have to sit next to at a stop light. I guess they think 'cause I'm sitting in a sports-car with the top down, I'm gonna like the sound of a puking two cylinder tractor with open pipes.
If we start running them all off the road, will they stop that "loud pipes save lives" BS?"

A little education:

Loud pipes on motorcycles save lives. Most people who drive cars do not expect or look out for motorcycles while they are "driving". But when they hear a loud noise they do pay attention. Sorry you don't like it when you are sitting next to them at a red light. If may be annoying for a minute or two but them comming home to there kids alive is worth it - at least I think so.

A little WORTHWHILE education:

If coming home alive to your three kids is important, don't ride a motorcycle.

P.S. Straight pipes on Harleys are annoying and obnoxious, period.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #25

Talking Oh Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryrcb
......Here is a link to utube on my exhaust sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78yWX9buGSU
and another
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rk1gsC_2DU
Ok.......your Borla exhaust gets my vote so far, sounds awesome!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #26
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
That's fine that they are loud when in the street, but what is the purpose of them revving it so much when they are in a neighborhood parking lot when people are trying to sleep?

They seriously need to make a HSE (Hog Sports Exhaust) that you can switch off in a neighborhood!

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:53 AM   #27

given all those that like the exhaust sound of the 987 better, anyone know if it is possible to custom fit 987 mufflers in a 986? probably get them cheap from someone who's upgraded, and if they fit underneath it's just a bit of fabrication. uncertain as to how weights compare, however.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:10 PM   #28

i hope the day hasnt come that we run people off the road because of the exhaust noise
extanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sppmo
A little education:

Loud pipes on motorcycles save lives. Most people who drive cars do not expect or look out for motorcycles while they are "driving". But when they hear a loud noise they do pay attention. Sorry you don't like it when you are sitting next to them at a red light. If may be annoying for a minute or two but them comming home to there kids alive is worth it - at least I think so.

What a load of verbal diarrhea, just like every other post you've made on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller
"A little WORTHWHILE education:
If coming home alive to your three kids is important, don't ride a motorcycle.
P.S. Straight pipes on Harleys are annoying and obnoxious, period."
Absolutely, on both points - well spoke!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #30

Easy on the Harley... I'm also a Harley rider when I'm not too lazy to hang on to my handle bars.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #31

another way to make it sound like a subaru... throw a subaru motor in the boxster... not to let the cat out of the bag on it, but it's currently being done...

(not by me)

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:09 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3adrag0n
Easy on the Harley... I'm also a Harley rider when I'm not too lazy to hang on to my handle bars.
No sweat dude. Although I'm totally serious about my hatred of loud pipes, my ribbing of Harleys and Harley riders is all in good fun. My best bud, after touring the continent on an airhead Beemer for 20-some years, just went out and bought himself a brand new Ultra Glide Classic. Even though he's a respectable businessman in his late 40's, we constantly razz him about all that stereotypical Harley stuff. You should have seen his face when I put some cardboard on the floor under the engine the first time he parked it in my garage! We bought him a do-rag with skulls on it, photoshopped his face onto some scuzzy biker's picture and emailed it around, make remarks about "you fkn Harley guys", and on and on. Good thing he has a sense of humor!

Side note: He runs stock pipes and ********************es about them being too loud. All his bikes have always been as quiet as he could possibly make them and has never had a crash in nearly 30 years of touring. He always says that if you ride smart and always stay aware of threatening situations then you don't need to make a nuisance of yourself. He despises these straight-pipe cowboys because they give all motorcyclists a bad rep.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T
No sweat dude. Although I'm totally serious about my hatred of loud pipes, my ribbing of Harleys and Harley riders is all in good fun. My best bud, after touring the continent on an airhead Beemer for 20-some years, just went out and bought himself a brand new Ultra Glide Classic. Even though he's a respectable businessman in his late 40's, we constantly razz him about all that stereotypical Harley stuff. You should have seen his face when I put some cardboard on the floor under the engine the first time he parked it in my garage! We bought him a do-rag with skulls on it, photoshopped his face onto some scuzzy biker's picture and emailed it around, make remarks about "you fkn Harley guys", and on and on. Good thing he has a sense of humor!

Side note: He runs stock pipes and ********************es about them being too loud. All his bikes have always been as quiet as he could possibly make them and has never had a crash in nearly 30 years of touring. He always says that if you ride smart and always stay aware of threatening situations then you don't need to make a nuisance of yourself. He despises these straight-pipe cowboys because they give all motorcyclists a bad rep.
I agree, the "straight pipe saves lives" logic is nonsense, if it does make sense then why aren't Boxsters, Miata's, or MR2's fitted with them? These cars are tiny and barely visible from a truck's or SUV's mirrors (I know, my only car accident involves a truck not being able to see me).
Being aware of your surroundings should deter any serious threats. If you are an aggressive driver and spring in and out of traffic then that's your fault and not the bike's.

Lordblood is offline   Reply With Quote