Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 11:39 AM   #1

Do these wheels look good on my car?

Hello guys so I bought these replica RUF wheels and they should be arriving soon but now I keep thinking it wont go good with my car, especialy with my more point Gemballa front bumper. I feel like it looks great on 993's, 996TT, and RUF boxsters because they have a boxy edgy front end and less rounded appearance. I photoshopped the wheels on my car in the attached pic. let me know what you think. keep in mind the color may be off a bit. I also attached a pic of it on a RUF 3600s, but again notice that the RUF kit makes the car look less rounded and more straight and edgy.

I have also attached a link of my car with its current wheels.

Link of my car with current wheels

http://picasaweb.google.com/nchangiz/HotImportNights#

see attached for photoshopped pic.

Thanks!

Gemballa front bumper/Aerokit I Sideskirts/H&R suspension/997 short shift/Schnell front&rear strut brace/Aluminum pedals and floor board//Traffic pro/Console Delete//LED exterior lighting//Exclusive Options Full Leather/19inch Ruf Wheels/European rear bumper with 550 mesh/Zientec spoiler/IPD Plenum//Cold Air Intake/Hardtop/Speedster Humps
Stunin_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:48 AM   #2

Looks better with your current wheels.

The RUF wheels are nice, but I suspect they are 19's. I personally think 19's are too big for the 986. 18's look better.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:10 PM   #3

I personally have never been to crazy about the RUF wheels. Pretty boring looking especially in silver. And I agree with Demick, those 19's overpower the look of the car and are too big imo.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #4

If you like those wheel then they will look great on your car, specially if you already bought them
vipola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #5

Dont get me wrong I like the wheels. I just feel it looks wierd with the front bumper since my bumper is basicaly like stock with a bottom molded splitter, making it pointy. The wheels are solid looking and look better with a solid looking kit like the RUF kit or 993's, which have a boxy appearance. Im considering selling them now.
Gemballa front bumper/Aerokit I Sideskirts/H&R suspension/997 short shift/Schnell front&rear strut brace/Aluminum pedals and floor board//Traffic pro/Console Delete//LED exterior lighting//Exclusive Options Full Leather/19inch Ruf Wheels/European rear bumper with 550 mesh/Zientec spoiler/IPD Plenum//Cold Air Intake/Hardtop/Speedster Humps
Old 03-17-2010, 02:01 PM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunin_Stud
Dont get me wrong I like the wheels. I just feel it looks wierd with the front bumper since my bumper is basicaly like stock with a bottom molded splitter, making it pointy. The wheels are solid looking and look better with a solid looking kit like the RUF kit or 993's, which have a boxy appearance. Im considering selling them now.
From one speed yellow owner to the other, get rid of those bowling balls, and get yourself a set of one piece forged Champion RS98's in black and turn your boxster into a "sexy beast" !
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #7

i like the rims you have now....but i am a bit biased....i love the color of your car too....

The Rufs would be alot easier to clean though.......

Old 03-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
From one speed yellow owner to the other, get rid of those bowling balls, and get yourself a set of one piece forged Champion RS98's in black and turn your boxster into a "sexy beast" !

That is a sexy beast.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by idheaton
i like the rims you have now....but i am a bit biased....i love the color of your car too....

The Rufs would be alot easier to clean though.......

Brilliant minds think alike ! By the way, my boxster came through with the same wheels as yours.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #10

I still think the 18in sport designs are really good looking for stock wheels. I like it better than alot of stock wheels out there.

one reason I went with the RUF is that I think it has a timeless design.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #11

Hey Guys,

I have been selling wheels and tires for over 20 years and have run into "buyer's remorse" occasionally.

"U mount 'em, U own'em"

So be sure you have what you want before fitting tires.

Later,
Mark1999
mark1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:44 AM   #12

Stay with what you have. The "Rufs" make your car looked "Pimped".