Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2005, 04:16 PM   #1

new boxster S

went in today, redrove the 05 boxster s and the 911... liked the boxster better,,better handling and almost as fast, great engine sound ,steering feel,just a blast to drive..so i bought it!!! got a reasonable deal, end of the month, 4k off a 57k car....seal gray...love it so far...keep in mind i just sold my 360 spider..i think the new bosxter handles as well...not quite as fast but lighter and more nimble...cant wait until the 2k break in period is over so i cango above 4 k rpm...i will post pics when i get som e good lighting....

scycle2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 06:46 PM   #2

Talking

Welcome to out forum. Best of luck with you new Box!

:dance:
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:43 AM   #3
PAH

Just out of interest, why did you get rid of the 360 spider?

I've been considering one for a while, but it's still a bit out of my price range. Just wonder what they are like to live with.
PAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:28 AM   #4

Just went to the NYC auto show yesterday and the Porsche section seemed to have big crowd. The 05 Boxster was stickered at $43K. Lot's of surprise by on-lookers at that 'low' price.
THe 911's didn't seem to be as popular as the Boxster. They had a really nice Seal Gray Boxster with Cocoa(?) Brown top and interior.
I just noticed that the 997 and 987 have completely different headlights.
The 997 have full round headlighst (uggg) and the Boxster has a tear drop-like shape.
Interesting that they kept the 05 Turbos with the 04 headlights.
The 05 Turbo Cabriolet looks pretty bad ass with the top up.

I'm off to a focus group I was asked to participate in for Motorsports enthusiasts/sports car owners for a advertising/new media company called RazorFish. Its for the Ford/Volvo/Aston Martin group. $100 to talk about
racing and cars
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAH
Just out of interest, why did you get rid of the 360 spider?

I've been considering one for a while, but it's still a bit out of my price range. Just wonder what they are like to live with.
3 reasons 1. money 2.money 3. i couldnt afford to keep it...but seriously, i always wanted a ferrari since i was a kid..so with some creative financing and a home equity loan, i bought a used 02 360 spider, 6 speed, with a tubi exhaust,...red with tan interior...was a blast to drive, great engine sound, beautiful work of italian art..it was fun at first, i felt like a movie star with all the attension i got...but the problem was, i wasnt a movie star!!!! its a very reliable exotic car, easy to drive, no problems with it...much better than the old ferraris...but you still are always worried about jparking it, getting a scratch, hit a pot hole.. all potential diassters in a ferrari...so i had it for a year , got it out of system, and sold it before the prices start dropping further, which i think they will in the next few years....the new boxster s is 90% as fun to drive, at 25% of thecost, without all the attention and paranoia of having a f car...i feel lucky to havae owned one, and gotten out before losing my shirt....porsches are much more practical sports car that can be driven to your hearts content...
scycle2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:07 AM   #6

I think that 360 may become a collector's Ferrari.
The new version is ugly.
I think the 360 Spyder is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.
Very simple yet stunning design.

how much did you sell the 360 for in UK?
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:38 AM   #7

any pictures of the 360..???

dennizxxx is offline   Reply With Quote