Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 05:34 AM   #1

3.6 boxster good deal

I recently purchased a Roock 3.6 Boxster But due to it's quirky nature I decided to send it back to the dealer for a more civilized boxster. I know some of you guys would really like this car. It only has 7k on the motor and body . They are asking low 20s for this car
so someone can save themselves 20k or so . this car only needs some minor tweaking to be perfect. Contact Michael Fernades at herb chambers porsche Boston . good luck

jacabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:45 AM   #2

Garage
I am sorry to hear that the vehicle did not work out for you. As I mentioned earlier on, I knew the original owner of that vehicle and all of the history that went along with the Roock conversion. I can't say that I'm surprised. The vehicle was literally tied up for a year while they tried to get it right. Too bad, the vehicle represents one of the first of its kind. If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is the problem (s) ?
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:02 AM   #3

the car just has some emissions troubles it ran awesome , fells like your in some sort of porsche racer . I just did'nt want to deal with it. the typical porsche shop really can't work on it because of it's conversion nature. it really is an awesome car and gets lots of attention . it would probably be more at home on a track and a dream car for the right person . not such a good ride on Boston roads.
Hey Johnny was that your yellow Boxster at the car show ?
jacabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:41 AM   #4

Garage
Not to hijack but my 3.6 conversion has not been without its issues as well. The secondary o2 sensors are a hassle. I have tried simulators but I think the answer is getting the DME reflashed with the ROW curves. It is next on my list.

I was talking to one of the very knowledgable folks that worked on the conversion for the PO and he refered to it as a frankenstien car. That hurt my feelings until I got in it and drove it. It is not a monster it is a BEAST!

If my knowledge of the conversion would be helpful to the future owner of your 3.6 I would be happy to offer any assistance I can.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:13 AM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacabean
the car just has some emissions troubles it ran awesome , fells like your in some sort of porsche racer . I just did'nt want to deal with it. the typical porsche shop really can't work on it because of it's conversion nature. it really is an awesome car and gets lots of attention . it would probably be more at home on a track and a dream car for the right person . not such a good ride on Boston roads.
Hey Johnny was that your yellow Boxster at the car show ?
It was indeed. The gentleman who did the work (Kustom Kreations) asked me if he could bring it along with the rest of his show vehicles. I told him he should park the Lambo far enough away so that it wouldn't be over shadowed by my vehicle.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:12 AM   #6

If I didn't already have my '02 S, which I really am fond of, I'd probably be all over this.

I use my car as a weekend fun car, so I don't mind quirks and have a great source locally who could likely resolve any issues. I say this because he has been quite successful in overcoming even the most challenging of cases (uncooperative race vehicles).
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:38 PM   #7

[QUOTE=landrovered]I think the answer is getting the DME reflashed with the ROW curves. It is next on my list.
[QUOTE]

That will fix those rear 02 problems right up... Just need to find someone with a PST...
1987 928 S4 white on red and... dead
2004 Chevy Surburban... drinks gas like its cheap or something
easyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:53 PM   #8

Garage
I have someone, it just ain't cheap.