Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #1

Very nicely optioned 2000 S, thoughts and opinions please.....

So I found a very nicely optioned 2000 Boxster S. The mileage is a little high, but still relatively low for these cars at 77k. The color is Polar Silver, yes Polar, and not Arctic Silver. It has a full boxster red leather interior with black carpets. Heated Front Seats Package, Seats with electrical height length and backrest adjustment, Left and Right, Memory function driver's side, Traction Control with ABD (active brake differential) With on/off switch, Sport Touring Package which includes Litronics and a few others I believe, Pioneer sound system, sport exhaust with the holes in it, full AeroKit II, speedster bumps, carbon fiber package, not sure which one, but it has a couple pieces on the doors, steering wheel, center console, and door sills. The seller also has optional oem hard top and 18" carrera light wheels. They are asking 18.5k right now. I have not seen this car in person yet because it is about 4 hours away but I am thinking it sounds worth it to go look at. Overall seems like a ton of nice options, with a rare and desirable color combo. Assuming all would check out in a PPI, what kind of price would you guys a car with this many options would go for?

mile2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:30 AM   #2

Too Much Maybe

I paid $15,700 for my 2000 S with 64K on the clock. It is decked out with options like the one you are looking at. Sticker was $69,700 for mine and it had a Valentine 1 Radar System installed professionally. The display is in the rear view mirror and this was, in 2000, a $2-3K install and not by Porsche. Now, yours has 77K on it. It is going to need new rotors and pads, brake flush, TIP serviced, possible some seals are leaking. You could be looking at $2-5K in needed maintenance very soon. Get the PPI and when it is in the air, look and ask questions...and a 2000 S is a cash deal. Nobody will finance a car this old...well not unless they get 30% interest.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest

Last edited by jcb986; 12-17-2009 at 11:39 AM.
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #3

Price sounds high to me, I paid a hair less for a 2001 S w/ 48k, and that was 6 months ago. Mine has full leather, litronics, seat warmers, but not the memory seats.

'01 Boxster S, 51k miles
'05 Mazda 6 Grand Touring Wagon
yimmy149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #4

Yeah, its about 4 to 5k high(in my opinion). You should be able steel one right now. Just look on ebay and other ads for cars in the midwest, northeast and anywhere else that has winters. I picked my 01 S w/ 57k miles for $12,750 a year ago. Hell, I'd sell you mine (65k miles) for $18,500 (Just kiddin mods ).

SO, GROW A PAIR NANCY AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...Main/MyBox.jpg
mptoledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
That's pretty high $$$ wise. I'd shoot for $2-5k less if possible.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:35 PM   #6

77K miles is a little high for a cream puff aka garage queen. That's what 160 miles a week? Sounds like a car was driven every day or long weekend trips. Not terrible but well preserved examples of that color combination (even arctic and red) are tough to find so this is a good find. The owners usually won't part with well maintained cars because anything below 15K is just not worth it. You won't find a better car if someone said here's $15K do better.
If they toss in the carrea lights and the hardtop I think it well worth negotiating down. The top's worth at least $800 and if the wheels are spotless those are worth at least $600. That is of course if you have to have this color combination which in my opinion is the mark of someone with top notch taste and a real connoiseur(sp) of the finer things in life, is also probably very good looking, well known for wisdom and virtue, picks excellent stocks, etc.

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 12-17-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote