Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 03:27 AM   #1

Winter has arrived in the Rocky Mountains

6 inches of snow last night and 5 degrees this morning. Time put put the summer toys away for the season ;-(.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:03 AM   #2

Brrr. I am glad you posted. I have to drive to Iowa this week and was toying with going through the Rocky Mountains just to see the sights.

Ah, I think we will go round them this time around.

What is your winter ride?

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:18 AM   #3

Yesterday I swapped out wheel sets to get ready for the winter season. The PS2's went under the stairs in the garage, and the Nexens went on the Boxster ready for cold weather.

BTW, when I drove the car out of the driveway with the Nexens on, the tires actually chirped a little when I turned the corner, the PS2's would never let anything embarrassing like that slip out on such a easy turn

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave S.
6 inches of snow last night and 5 degrees this morning. Time put put the summer toys away for the season ;-(.
Sorry to hear you have to put the toys away.
I watched the snowflakes fall all day long here in Arvada, but I took the Boxster out to run around doing a couple small errands.

We had no actual accumulation at all. It all melted before it landed on an object.
Didn't even need to wipe off the windows.

BC.

'98 Silver Boxster, '08 Ducati 848, '89 Honda Hawk GT, '89 Honda Pacific Coast
Bladecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
Brrr. I am glad you posted. I have to drive to Iowa this week and was toying with going through the Rocky Mountains just to see the sights.

Ah, I think we will go round them this time around.

What is your winter ride?

Interestingly enough, I'm in Iowa today. Winter ride for me is a 06, 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TRD or my wife's Lexus RX350. I store my Jeep Unlimited Rubicon, Triumph TR8 and Boxster for the winter. I'm at 8700 feet so we get a little more snow than the Denver metro area.