Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 05:01 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallison
did you buy this locally or on the net? I am having trouble finding any coolant besides at the dealer.
Call Suncoast or Sunset Porsche. Both great dealers should have the lowest price.

On Suncoast's web store...
http://www.e-partssales.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P&Product_Code=00004330105&Category_Code=986Cooling

ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:44 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekam
Call Suncoast or Sunset Porsche. Both great dealers should have the lowest price.

On Suncoast's web store...
http://www.e-partssales.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P&Product_Code=00004330105&Category_Code=986Cooling
Shipping kills the price savings there. The stealership is around $30 a gallon
dallison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:45 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallison
did you buy this locally or on the net? I am having trouble finding any coolant besides at the dealer.
Ah - forgot to follow up on this one.

The "gallon" for $12 that was listed on PartsTrain.com was actually 1.5 liters (about 1/3 gallon).

I brought this mistake to their attention and returned the Pentosin, but they didn't care or make any kind of apology or offer any way to make up for their error... great customer service there. When I asked to speak with a manager, they hung up on me. I called back again, and they hung up on me a second time.

They still haven't fixed the error on their website where it clearly states "1 Gallon, 1 Gallon Size Container".

Anyway, if you don't go the auto store route, just get the Porsche stuff. It's cheaper than Pentosin.
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:19 AM   #24

it seems like that's the route i will be taking. I just find it silly to pay for the name on the outside of the container when it can be had much cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson
Ah - forgot to follow up on this one.

The "gallon" for $12 that was listed on PartsTrain.com was actually 1.5 liters (about 1/3 gallon).

I brought this mistake to their attention and returned the Pentosin, but they didn't care or make any kind of apology or offer any way to make up for their error... great customer service there. When I asked to speak with a manager, they hung up on me. I called back again, and they hung up on me a second time.

They still haven't fixed the error on their website where it clearly states "1 Gallon, 1 Gallon Size Container".

Anyway, if you don't go the auto store route, just get the Porsche stuff. It's cheaper than Pentosin.

dallison is offline   Reply With Quote