Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 02:06 PM   #21
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I bought one of these for my car, it works well. My back no longer starts hurting after 2-3 hours of driving. Well worth $25, it won't fix your back but it certainly helps.
http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/inseluinairc.html

Old 07-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladecutter
I would recommend seeing a chiropractor as soon as you can.
It sounds like their might be something out of position, that when you apply pressure to it just the right way, is pinching a nerve cluster.
I've got a slight herniation in my L-5. It doesn't bother me every, except when in the car or thereafter.
Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:15 AM   #23

I rolled a discloth and put it at the base of the back rest and behind the cushion about two years ago and now do 3 or 4 hour rides with no more stiffness than in my wife's C-70 convertable. Much cheaper. Ed
cvhs18472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:29 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Yi
I've got a slight herniation in my L-5. It doesn't bother me every, except when in the car or thereafter.
Just like most patients that leave out the most important information last ...A Lumbar herniation, no matter how slight is the cause of the back pain...position seating, ergonomics are exaccerbating factors.

I am assuming that this has been a chronic problem, and you've been seen by your MD, Physical Therapist. It would be a good idea to do your home exercise back program (stretching, stabilization) regularly.
spine911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:07 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by spine911
Just like most patients that leave out the most important information last ...A Lumbar herniation, no matter how slight is the cause of the back pain...position seating, ergonomics are exaccerbating factors.

I am assuming that this has been a chronic problem, and you've been seen by your MD, Physical Therapist. It would be a good idea to do your home exercise back program (stretching, stabilization) regularly.
I'm pretty sure that the herniation is a result of driving this car. Seriously. I've had back pain before, but it's never been this type of back pain. It's always been a muscular thing, or a pinched nerve type of thing (tingling down my leg).

I work out regularly (including my back - carefully) as well as stretching and flexibility. When I say regularly, I mean six days per week.

I folded up some cloth and stuck it behind the lumbar area of my seat. The lower back pad on the Recaro seat covers the whole lumbar area, so it wasn't a big deal to do that. It seems a bit better. Time will tell.

Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote