Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2005, 12:56 PM   #21

Actually its a GT2 front bumper. I ordered it through www.t-t-p.de

The Alpine I installed was the IVA-D901 multimedia center. i got the adapter wiring harness through Terk and it provided simple instructions to hook up to the factory Amp. I also got from Terk the relay which allows my DVD player to work while the car is in motion. I also hooked up my iPod through the digital interface on the brain. My last addition was adding the XM tuner for a direct digital signal.(not FM modulated)
Its getting a little dark now so cant really take any good pics, but if your interested in seeing where I installed the brain and other components I would be happy to show
let me know...

Old 02-23-2005, 01:35 PM   #22

I just returned from the Car Stereo shop. I will probably take your advice and replace the head with an Alpine with XM built in. They have Porsche rear speaker kits. They will install the rear speakers but will replace the speakers with ones that are slightly larger and better. He can also hard wire in an IPod connecter if I want. Total cost will be $1400. The IPod kit is an extra $150. I can always replace the amp and front speakers later if I wish but I think that I will be happy with the radio and rear speakers.
Dons986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:49 PM   #23

good idea. yeah you will be very happy with a new deck and the existing hardware. it is truly a totally new/different experience with a new deck. Yeah I personally feel Alpine is the way to go and you should be very happy with the signal processing. Yeah the iPod connection is great. The Alipine device which connects to it is called the KCA-420i and is great. you can control all funtions of the iPod from your Alpine. I have the ipod wired into my center console and just leave it in there. And next to the iPod the XM is great too. I installed my XM antenna right next to the alarm light on the dash board of the car. (I dont like it on the outside. Looks ugly) I have no trouble with reception. I can take a pic if you are not sure what I mean.