Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 07:41 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum
Thanks for all of the suggestions. Perhaps I will look into getting a used aerokit. I imagine they are pretty hard to come by. Anyone with any suggestions on where to look?

Greg
Online Porsche forums is a Treasure chest full of good stuff (Roadfly, Renntech, PPBB, The Babblers)- go browse their respective parts classifieds section and you might just hit a jackpot, it is all about patience and timing. Original Porsche aerokits are extremely hard to come by in the used market because there is a huge demand for OEM Porsche parts(accidents), and thus commands a high price. I think you will be able to get a better price for an Original aftermarket kits.

FYI, i browsed through the first 3-4 pages of this forum's classifieds and i already found an Original RUF bumper, and a Strosek full kit skirts and intake vents. If you like these brand styles, you should inquire about it. The asking prices are extremely rock bottom for these original parts. Im not sure if they are still available though . PM these members.

Goodluck

i_gemini2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #22

Those fiberglass bumpers are for sure hit and miss. Even if you spring for the genuine Techart kit, there was still fitment issues with 2 different kits we installed. The bumpers in the Techart kit fit great but, the side skirts were a horrible fit. They had to modified twice. The full 996 Turbo kit we installed was $20K from Techart. Honestly, for a price like that I expected it to be Poly and fit straight out of the box. Really disappointing when you piss away that much cash to have to modify brand new pieces. The car does look good...now.
Before:

After:

I had thought about buying aftermarket fiberglass skirts at one point but, after those episodes at work I'm on the hunt for Aero kit skirts.

yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote