Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #1

Thumbs up H&R Springs...

H&R Springs is the way to go.

I think the H &R Springs have a more even stance then the eibach application. To me it appears that the eibach sags a bit more in the rear. No proof of this just an opinion.

What I do know is, a friend of mine with eibach springs and 19 inch wheels says tire and wheel well (front fender) do make contact and occasionally in the rear during extreme conditions. I too have 19 inch wheels but with H&R Springs and I have not experienced any rubbing at all, also while hitting some nasty pot holes.

Here's a pic.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Junior
jrdiesel01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:04 PM   #2

I have Eibach springs and I'd guess that the car lowered by about 1" in the front and 1.25" in the rear (had to re-adjust the headlights as they were lighting up the Moon)
IMHO this is borderline in affecting day-to-day driveability as every driveway and speed bump now posts a challenge to me.
But then again the car looks much nicer and handles much better on the track
And my front left tire rubs a little when I have complete steering lock
2015 FIAT 500e "Nikki" my commuter car
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:35 PM   #3

I have Gemballa springs with 18 inch rims, stance is really nice.

NO rub, NO adjustable rear toe arm installed. Simply changed out the springs and took in for an alignment.

You can find more pics of my car here:
http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19813&page=2&pp=20&highlight=Amber

03' 986 Midnight Blue Metallic
Light Weight Flywheel | Tinted Windows and Windscreen
Painted Bumperettes | 550 Spyder Grille Kit

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9sTq_sN1KDw/Si...2009%20055.jpg

Last edited by crios; 03-17-2009 at 10:40 PM.
crios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:53 PM   #4

how do the aftermarket springs compare to the M030 setup for ride height? My car has the US M030 setup factory installed. I know it does NOT look as low as the cars with aftermarket springs or coilover setups. I dont' know if the ride height on my car is the same as a car with stock suspension.

if/when my car requires new shocks - i will replace the shocks and springs and had thought of doing he ROW M030 which I do believe lowers the car MORE than what I have - but I don' tknow HOW much more, nor do I know if it lowers the car as much as Eibach/H&R/etc...

does the Porsche ROW M030 lower the car as much as aftermarket springs? I really like how my car handles - it feels very stiff, virtually no body roll - yet it is NOT so stiff to drive me nuts for driving on the streets for everyday trips to the store, for fun, etc. it's a nice blend of practicality and performance... i'd just like it a tad lower...

suggestions?
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:53 AM   #5

I have a 98 base Boxster with 55K on the clock. The ride has deminished to the point where I know I need to get new shocks. I did a bunch of reading and research about coilovers, Bilsteins with H&R coils and such. I live on a back country road and will be doing only an occasional DE. I guess that I have decided to go with an M030 ROW as the best setup and the most cost efective ( springs, shocks, swaybars and bushings ) Does anyone disagree or am I on the right track. Thanks, Ed
cvhs18472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:17 AM   #6

Lower isn't always the best - that's why a Subaru WXR can usually smoke a Ferrari or Lamborghini on public roads with potholes, off-camber corners, etc.

I have found the ROW030 (pictured) to be a good compromise for spirited daily driving. Coilovers would be a better option if you are going to track the car and need to adjust the ride height occasionally.

Ofishbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:12 AM   #7

I have H&R Sport springs which lowered my '02 S by about 1.5". I also couldn't stand the 4X4 look. The car handles more precise and though the ride is firm, it is not harsh. Check out this link for the various options:

http://www.hrsprings.com/products/springs/
PCA DE Instructor circa '95

Last edited by jmatta; 03-19-2009 at 06:12 AM.
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #8

I have B+G Springs (bought from Drivewire.com for cheap!). It lowered mine about 1.5", maybe a little more. I'm slightly tucking 19" wheels.
releese78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofishbein
Lower isn't always the best - that's why a Subaru WXR can usually smoke a Ferrari or Lamborghini on public roads with potholes, off-camber corners, etc.

I have found the ROW030 (pictured) to be a good compromise for spirited daily driving. Coilovers would be a better option if you are going to track the car and need to adjust the ride height occasionally.

Love those C10s
renzop is offline   Reply With Quote