Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 07:24 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Send a message via AIM to ultimate1 Send a message via Yahoo to ultimate1
radio code

I changed my battery and I needed to reset the radio code but can't find the code. Can anyone help me with getting the code so I don't have to go the dealership.

Thanks in advance!

ultimate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:04 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Daytona Beach
Posts: 350
I don't think you can get the code without going to dealership. Thats why theres a code in the first place.
Viper5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In the garage...
Posts: 1,633
See this post on renntech.org

Follow the direction to get your radio's s/n and post the request in this thread

You'll have to register over there first but on most accts, the 4 digit code you obtain from Loren will hook you up.

For future reference, write it down on the option sticker under the front hood, the label on the radio chassis and in the owner's manual. It might already be written down there too so check . Some dealers will give it out at no charge w/ proof of vehicle ownership. Mine does, but not all do and you must take the vehicle in w/ owners card, etc....


Good luck
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:39 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Lil bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Du Monde
Posts: 2,199
Send me a PM with your radio's serial # - How to get radio serial # (actually just the last 4 digits) and I'll send you a PM with the code, I have the decoder software.
__________________
1990 Porsche 964 Carrera 4 Cabriolet
1976 BMW 2002
1990 BMW 325is
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

Last edited by Lil bastard; 03-12-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Use 2B NW Ohio, now NE Ohio
Posts: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
See this post on renntech.org

Follow the direction to get your radio's s/n and post the request in this thread

You'll have to register over there first but on most accts, the 4 digit code you obtain from Loren will hook you up.

For future reference, write it down on the option sticker under the front hood, the label on the radio chassis and in the owner's manual. It might already be written down there too so check . Some dealers will give it out at no charge w/ proof of vehicle ownership. Mine does, but not all do and you must take the vehicle in w/ owners card, etc....


Good luck
I took this one step further and wrote it on the drivers door next to the latch. I actually wrote on the inside of the radio's detachable face too. CDR210
No one is going to steal the factory radio... not on a 10 year old car.
__________________
My Porsche mechanic drives a Saturn.
'98 Artic Silver w/ Tip
vath2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In the garage...
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by vath2001
I took this one step further and wrote it on the drivers door next to the latch. I actually wrote on the inside of the radio's detachable face too. CDR210
No one is going to steal the factory radio... not on a 10 year old car.
That's it!

I'm gonna write it in Permanent Black ink on my dash so I never have to remember where I wrote it down. j/k good idea just having some fun
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Lil bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Du Monde
Posts: 2,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate1
I changed my battery and I needed to reset the radio code but can't find the code. Can anyone help me with getting the code so I don't have to go the dealership.

Thanks in advance!
Sent you a PM w/ your code

__________________
1990 Porsche 964 Carrera 4 Cabriolet
1976 BMW 2002
1990 BMW 325is
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:53 AM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,816
If you have a service manual (got mine like a week after getting the Box), write the radio code inside the front cover.

The manual's big enough that it's pretty hard to lose!
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:30 AM   #9
Registered User
 
Lil bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Du Monde
Posts: 2,199
Writing it down in the car isn't a bad idea, but it won't keep the radio from being stolen. There's a fairly good supply of these radios on ebay and such, the majority being legal of course, but some undoubtedly purloined.

Instead of writing the code down normally, write it down in reverse - R to L, (for example code 1374 write down as 4731). It won't keep your radio from being stolen, but at least you'll frustrate the hell out of the Bad guy.

__________________
1990 Porsche 964 Carrera 4 Cabriolet
1976 BMW 2002
1990 BMW 325is
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:46 AM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: WILMINGTON
Posts: 34
I changed a ignition switch and now the radio has no display?
mebeached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:00 AM   #11
Registered User
 
oldskool73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 335
You'd be better starting a new thread with your issue, this one is 8 years old
oldskool73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 03:23 AM   #12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebeached View Post
I changed a ignition switch and now the radio has no display?
Go on Renntech.org and get the code from the site owner Loren, make a small donation, too.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:23 AM   #13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: WILMINGTON
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavor 987S View Post
Go on Renntech.org and get the code from the site owner Loren, make a small donation, too.
thanks for info , i have the code just no power on radio.
mebeached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:21 PM   #14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: WILMINGTON
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebeached View Post
thanks for info , i have the code just no power on radio.
TOOK RADIO OUT AND CHECKED FUSE AND CLEANED THE TERMINALS WITH ELECTRONICS SPRAY CLEANER. Still no power to the radio.

drove about 2 blocks and the radio showed code so i pulled over and entered code.

Works great happy happy !

thanks for the replys.

Howard:

mebeached is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page