986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   radio code (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19870)

ultimate1 03-12-2009 07:24 AM

radio code

I changed my battery and I needed to reset the radio code but can't find the code. Can anyone help me with getting the code so I don't have to go the dealership.

Thanks in advance!

Viper5 03-12-2009 08:04 AM

I don't think you can get the code without going to dealership. Thats why theres a code in the first place.

Burg Boxster 03-12-2009 09:09 AM

See this post on renntech.org

Follow the direction to get your radio's s/n and post the request in this thread

You'll have to register over there first but on most accts, the 4 digit code you obtain from Loren will hook you up.

For future reference, write it down on the option sticker under the front hood, the label on the radio chassis and in the owner's manual. It might already be written down there too so check ;) . Some dealers will give it out at no charge w/ proof of vehicle ownership. Mine does, but not all do and you must take the vehicle in w/ owners card, etc....

Good luck :cheers:

Lil bastard 03-12-2009 10:39 AM

Send me a PM with your radio's serial # - How to get radio serial # (actually just the last 4 digits) and I'll send you a PM with the code, I have the decoder software.

vath2001 03-12-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
See this post on renntech.org

Follow the direction to get your radio's s/n and post the request in this thread

You'll have to register over there first but on most accts, the 4 digit code you obtain from Loren will hook you up.

For future reference, write it down on the option sticker under the front hood, the label on the radio chassis and in the owner's manual. It might already be written down there too so check ;) . Some dealers will give it out at no charge w/ proof of vehicle ownership. Mine does, but not all do and you must take the vehicle in w/ owners card, etc....

Good luck :cheers:

I took this one step further and wrote it on the drivers door next to the latch. I actually wrote on the inside of the radio's detachable face too. CDR210
No one is going to steal the factory radio... not on a 10 year old car.

Burg Boxster 03-12-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vath2001
I took this one step further and wrote it on the drivers door next to the latch. I actually wrote on the inside of the radio's detachable face too. CDR210
No one is going to steal the factory radio... not on a 10 year old car.

That's it! :matchup:

I'm gonna write it in Permanent Black ink on my dash so I never have to remember where I wrote it down. :D j/k good idea just having some fun :cheers:

Lil bastard 03-12-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimate1
I changed my battery and I needed to reset the radio code but can't find the code. Can anyone help me with getting the code so I don't have to go the dealership.

Thanks in advance!

Sent you a PM w/ your code

:cheers:

Frodo 03-13-2009 03:53 AM

If you have a service manual (got mine like a week after getting the Box), write the radio code inside the front cover.

The manual's big enough that it's pretty hard to lose!

Lil bastard 03-13-2009 05:30 AM

Writing it down in the car isn't a bad idea, but it won't keep the radio from being stolen. There's a fairly good supply of these radios on ebay and such, the majority being legal of course, but some undoubtedly purloined.

Instead of writing the code down normally, write it down in reverse - R to L, (for example code 1374 write down as 4731). It won't keep your radio from being stolen, but at least you'll frustrate the hell out of the Bad guy.

:cheers:

mebeached 10-20-2017 07:46 AM

I changed a ignition switch and now the radio has no display?

oldskool73 10-21-2017 12:00 AM

You'd be better starting a new thread with your issue, this one is 8 years old :)

Flavor 987S 10-21-2017 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mebeached (Post 552988)
I changed a ignition switch and now the radio has no display?

Go on Renntech.org and get the code from the site owner Loren, make a small donation, too.:)

mebeached 10-21-2017 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flavor 987S (Post 553074)
Go on Renntech.org and get the code from the site owner Loren, make a small donation, too.:)

thanks for info , i have the code just no power on radio.

mebeached 10-23-2017 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mebeached (Post 553079)
thanks for info , i have the code just no power on radio.

TOOK RADIO OUT AND CHECKED FUSE AND CLEANED THE TERMINALS WITH ELECTRONICS SPRAY CLEANER. Still no power to the radio.

drove about 2 blocks and the radio showed code so i pulled over and entered code.

Works great happy happy !

thanks for the replys.

Howard::):):)