Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 09:00 AM   #21

Knurly, you still run the risk of IMS failure or an RMS leak... but you're right, Porsche fixed that too with their completely redesigned S model motor for the 2009 version of your car.

Sadly, the standard 09 boxster still has the old motor with the same old design... Jack Raby will be rebuilding them for years to come. He will have no lack of job security.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:47 AM   #22

Personally (and this is just my personal opinion), I'm annoyed that I have to carry suntan lotion in the center cubby for those sunny days when this space could be put to better use.

I'm annoyed that I have to spend extra time at gas stations or stop lights talking to strangers that want to tell me what a great looking car I have. I've owned BMW M3s for over ten years and in my first year of Boxster ownership, I've wasted more time talking to these people. Why won't they leave me alone.

I'm annoyed that my friend bugs me about spending ALL that money to buy my Boxster even after pointing out that I paid less for my used Boxster than she did her used Miata.

I'm annoyed that I have to go to the dentist more often because I can't wipe this goofy grin off my face when I'm driving it. I want my foul mood back!

I'm annoyed that the rear plastic window won't crack so I can get a new top with a glass window.

I'm annoyed that I can't take a bad picture of my car. I'm running out of wall space for the dang things.

I'm annoyed that I now belong to PCA as well as BMW CCA. Such a bother with two more magazines to read.

I'm annoyed that the crappy sound system in the Boxster is a lot better than my '95 M3, even with the top down at 70MPH. Did I say a lot better?

I'm annoyed that I want to take weekend trips into the mountains. Isn't there something better on TV?