Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #1

Cruise Control for 97 Porsche Boxster

I want to install an aftermarket cruise control in my early model 97 porsche boxster. What I need to know is were is the best place to tie into the electronic speed sensor with the cruise control.

97porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #2

VSS signal on a 97 Boxster?

I have the same car with the same problem. I tried pin number 42 on the transmission control module but it only gives me a VSS signal up to 40 MPH. Does anyone know of a better place to find the VSS signal? If a good VSS signal is not available, you can install a magnet kit on one of the drive shafts that will generate a VSS signal. You will also find that the throttle return spring is very tight and thus the throttle is very stiff at the throttle body. This tends to make after market cruise controls pulsate. I would recommend installing a counteracting spring that helps take some of the tension off of the throttle return.

gred is offline   Reply With Quote