Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 04:45 AM   #21

6' - 255 lb. and no problems at all. The 987 is roomier than the 986s I test drove, but I drove my avatar at 235, so, tight fit in a Boxster? I doubt it!!
The cayman does seem to have more headroom than the box, but, maybe because you know the top won't go down, the cayman felt a little "clostrophobic" to me and the box doesn't......?

Old 08-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #22

6'4" 250lbs, no problem at all....I did have to get the GT3 console delete though.
releese78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:53 PM   #23

I'm only 5'7' and 170 lbs (I have a large back from working out) and the seats are extremely tight for me. My lats rest on the support wings of the seat. Fortunately, it's a weekend car. As a daily driver, it would drive me nuts!
chig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to PSL-Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by chig
I'm only 5'7' and 170 lbs (I have a large back from working out) and the seats are extremely tight for me. My lats rest on the support wings of the seat. Fortunately, it's a weekend car. As a daily driver, it would drive me nuts!
amen brutha
PSL-Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:49 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Do you have a 986 or a 987? The 987 offers more leg and headroom, with the re-design.
ive got a 986, when I first got the car my head was almost in the breeze until I realised I need to move the seat forward so I could then lower it further.
benjoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:34 PM   #26

I'm 6'3" and 212#. My 986 with the GT# console delete kit is very comfortable.

The shame is that I absolutely can NOT own a 987 or Cayman as the darn vertical portion of the console is intrusive and it can't be removed or altered.

Bob
Bobiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:48 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobiam
I'm 6'3" and 212#. My 986 with the GT# console delete kit is very comfortable.

The shame is that I absolutely can NOT own a 987 or Cayman as the darn vertical portion of the console is intrusive and it can't be removed or altered.

Bob
I agree. I would have sold my car if it were not for the GT3 delete option. I considered upgrading for the extra 50 hp, but the 987 is just not comfortable enough with the new console preventing the GT3 delete option.

I'm 6'1" and 245. I was a Div 1 linebacker 10 yrs ago and still have the same basic build, just a little softer
mtch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:08 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtch
I agree. I would have sold my car if it were not for the GT3 delete option. I considered upgrading for the extra 50 hp, but the 987 is just not comfortable enough with the new console preventing the GT3 delete option.

I'm 6'1" and 245. I was a Div 1 linebacker 10 yrs ago and still have the same basic build, just a little softer
And as you and other tall guys know, that console is a problem with almost every car on the planet today. Disgusting......
Bobiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:05 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobiam
And as you and other tall guys know, that console is a problem with almost every car on the planet today. Disgusting......
Before you decide you can't handle the 987. I have the same center console gripe (6' - 255) but I found a simple and cheap solution. I bought a wrestler's knee pad which is a pad on a full wrap elastic band, and wear it under my pants. I did it to begin with because my right knee bothers me and it rubbed right at the bottom of my right kneecap (the most painful part to begin with). After wearing the pad to stop the banging and rubbing on the center console, guess what happened? The slight support of the elastic wrap made my knee all better!
Now I wear one of the three I own at least four days a week. I keep one in the frunk (front trunk), in case I forget to pack it for a trip, which I did two weekends ago.
One nice part of this older than dirt crap is you finally begin to understand yourself!

Last edited by Quickurt; 09-11-2008 at 03:09 PM. Reason: 'cause I'm always in too big a hurry to proff reed!
Quickurt is offline   Reply With Quote