Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 01:36 PM   #21

that SUCKS. just be glad you did NOT catch them in the act, as you might have lost your temper, pulled out your weapon and the whole thing might have degraded to someone getting hurt.

about 6 years ago, my brother in law, who is AFRICAN AMERICAN, and *just* bought a brand new Vette - he had had it less than a month, parked it in a parking slot to visit his g/f (Now his wife). When he came back out the car had been keyed with swastikas all over it. My bro in law is pretty strong and he's a marine - the guy who did it is lucky he never was caught...

the people who do this are just sad pathetic losers who are angry they themselves can't afford a nice car and have to make themselves feel better by ruining someone elses property.

there should be a law that gives the owner of the victim car a free license to beat down with baseball bats the offending vandal!!!

23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:55 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartagena
If someone did this to my car I would have my bodyguards beat the crap out of him.

I would then have him arrested and the police would beat the crap out of him again.

After he was released I would send someone up to his house to beat the crap out of him again.

The police would then make him pay for the damages. Once I got my money I would have someone go beat the crap out of him again so he does not do it to anyone else.

People do not key cars where I live because they know what will happen. He would be lucky only have the crap beat out of him 4 times.

Losers damage other people's property because they are losers. No other reason. These are people who wish to tear down what they cannot achieve.
I have a better idea........let's beat the crap out of him!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:24 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
Damn That sucks man. Why cant some people stay home when they're angry at the world like the person that keyed your Boxster.

On the upside, you get to go home with that good-looker thats in the reflection of the car beside you.

Thanks man!
secreTTasianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC
that SUCKS. just be glad you did NOT catch them in the act, as you might have lost your temper, pulled out your weapon and the whole thing might have degraded to someone getting hurt.

about 6 years ago, my brother in law, who is AFRICAN AMERICAN, and *just* bought a brand new Vette - he had had it less than a month, parked it in a parking slot to visit his g/f (Now his wife). When he came back out the car had been keyed with swastikas all over it. My bro in law is pretty strong and he's a marine - the guy who did it is lucky he never was caught...

the people who do this are just sad pathetic losers who are angry they themselves can't afford a nice car and have to make themselves feel better by ruining someone elses property.

there should be a law that gives the owner of the victim car a free license to beat down with baseball bats the offending vandal!!!
Amen to that!
Old 08-21-2008, 01:01 PM   #25
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I'm sorry you got keyed, that really sucks. Too bad you didn't catch them.
I worry everyday when I park outside, because I don't trust the teenage punks that are always walking around.
If anyone every keys me, I will find them, and they will regret it!

"Don't f*** with another man's vehicle. It's just against the rules." -Pulp Fiction
See the clip here : (Warning: Strong Language)

Last edited by rick3000; 08-21-2008 at 01:27 PM.
rick3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:37 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
You know I was always told to avoid VA Beach this time of year as out of school "kids" (the kind who weren't in school to begin with) are out increasing the crime rate.

I live in a gated community so I don't have an issue with parking it outside over night. But anywhere else its a no go 100%.

p.s.
nice color softop, post more pics.

A few more pics at your request. I'll post some more later but most of them are too big to post without reducing them.
Gubu986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:52 AM   #27

Wow - that top looks great! My AR has a GG top and I always wondered how a matching top would look. Does it stain/show dirt much? I saw one of the new RS60 w/ a red top and it looked like it was staying pretty clean. I'd love to see more pictures especially further away. When you upload to tinypic, there is an option to reduce the size when uploading or you just shoot them to me and I'll be glad to load them for you: burgboxster at g mail dot com (remove spaces and change to characters are required )

Thanks!
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:14 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
Wow - that top looks great! My AR has a GG top and I always wondered how a matching top would look. Does it stain/show dirt much? I saw one of the new RS60 w/ a red top and it looked like it was staying pretty clean. I'd love to see more pictures especially further away. When you upload to tinypic, there is an option to reduce the size when uploading or you just shoot them to me and I'll be glad to load them for you: burgboxster at g mail dot com (remove spaces and change to characters are required )

Thanks!
I'll post some more pics from different angles when I get home. Most of the box pics are on my home comp.

1999 / 986 / Arena Red Metallic/Black
2001 / Z06 / Black/Black
Old 09-11-2008, 11:40 AM   #29

They must be in PA now

Nothing like coming home from a nice long Labor Day weekend and finding the work of a jealous loser that has nothing better to do then get me a new paint job that was needed anyway. I would love to say thanx..BUT....Im sure that I will probably offen some people if I drive around town with my lovely new message board on my hood. As well as both sides of the car as well.
**Pic is R rated due to profanity** actually the same as I used when I got home...haha.
1998 Arctic Silver Boxster
stcroixdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #30

I want to say something profound but all that comes out is stunned silence. What perverse rage and hatred possesses someone to do this?! Even worse if they were bored and trying to show off for equally sick friends.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #31

We all live in fear of this. We park our cars way out in the boonies and we become targets because we're exposed. We try to hide / blend in in parking lots and people take the opportunity to slam their doors into us.

We have something nice but we can't trust others to respect it. How sad.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:48 PM   #32

That sucks - but that's what insurance is for. Best thing (though REALLY hard to do) is to not let it make you angry, or change your habits one bit. That's what these sickos really want is for you to feel the same hate that they have to live with every day. Get it fixed and forget it ever happened.

Karma is a bi**h. People who do stuff like this often pay for it in ways they don't expect.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:14 PM   #33
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I would file a police report (maybe they can get some fingerprints), or at the very least install a security camera. That is sick, I hate those ****er's.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:28 AM   #34
FTD

Very sad. Very disturbing.
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:50 AM   #35

Pulp Fiction quote... "You never f**k with another man's vehicle."

It's outrageous people would do this to Boxsters...

Last edited by Brucelee; 09-13-2008 at 06:09 AM.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:33 AM   #36

Wow. That friggin' SUCKS. reminds me of my friend's dad's Jaguar. He came out to a mall parking lot once in LA to find that someone had carved those same words into the driver-side door.

This makes very interesting social commentary though. Consider the Porsche marque--it is considered a high-end sports car brand that is generally unattainable by the general populace.

As the Boxster continues to move down-market and become more affordable to more people, it's going to start turning up parked on the curb or in driveways and car ports in condo complexes. The Boxster will have moved into less affluent surroundings, but the badge on the hood will still carry the same social weight.

It's like wearing a blousy Versace shirt to TGI Fridays. No one cares that you got it at Marshalls--they'll still "hate on the rich guy".

I hope no one's insulted by that--I'm not saying that people who buy a used Porsche are somehow inferior, just making a comment about how, as long as the car's in good condition, the marque doesn't lose its sheen no matter how much you paid.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #37
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
^ I agree. Most people can't distinguish between the years, for all they know it could be brand new. They are just jealous of the badge. Whenever anyone complements my car and I mention it's almost 10 years old they are amazed. The age factor doesn't register with them, even though there new Civic probably cost more.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:24 PM   #38

I wouldn't wear a blousy Versace shirt even if it was on sale at Marshall's.
dmcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:57 PM   #39

My rule is if my car is the best looking or most expensive car in the lot I either will not park there or I cover it so t is not obvious. Undernith a cover it looks like a Hundai. I have had a friend with a new Farrari keyed and know that there are people out there who will do it if it is easy. So be warry where you park and keep a cover in the trunk.
kavlono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:40 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcutter
I wouldn't wear a blousy Versace shirt even if it was on sale at Marshall's.
Dude, even Cosmo likes the puffy shirt...

shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote