Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 03:53 PM   #1

litronic question need help

Ok so while back I upgraded to a set of litronics and everytime i want to lock em the driver side one gives me a hell of a hard time. It just wont lock as easy as the other side. I have got it to lock a couple of times but this time it just wont do it. when i turn the wrench it pops out either way I turn it. the service guys couldnt even do it. I havent changed the position of the tray or anything but I tried and its hard to. I dont think the tray is the problem but I dont know what is. anyone had similar issues?

Gemballa front bumper/Aerokit I Sideskirts/H&R suspension/997 short shift/Schnell front&rear strut brace/Aluminum pedals and floor board//Traffic pro/Console Delete//LED exterior lighting//Exclusive Options Full Leather/19inch Ruf Wheels/European rear bumper with 550 mesh/Zientec spoiler/IPD Plenum//Cold Air Intake/Hardtop/Speedster Humps
Stunin_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:40 PM   #2

What do you mean "everytime"? I recently upgraded to litronics and had a hard time locking them. But, having done so, I have no desie to take them out. I sprayed wd40 on the tray track, and wiped some wd40 on the fender seal. Then, get a good head of steam and shove it in.
brp987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:28 PM   #3

by recently I mean a few months a go....I took them out to put in LED running lights then again to put LED fogs and both time one was really hard to lock in but I did it once and cant do it anymore...
Stunin_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:39 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
sorry for off topic kinda, but where did u get the LED lights for fogs and running lights?
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:10 AM   #5
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunin_Stud
by recently I mean a few months a go....I took them out to put in LED running lights then again to put LED fogs and both time one was really hard to lock in but I did it once and cant do it anymore...
Here are some tips: I used to have problems locking my Litronics back in. First of all- there are some instructions that tell you to guide the headlamp in its tracks and then leave a small gap (not pushing it all the way in) when then turning the headlamp tool to lock the headlamp in. Don't do this. Push the headlamp in all the way and then use the tool to lock the headlamp in. Second, sometimes either the headlamp locking tool is stripped a bit (from repeated use), or the headlamp clamping bow (the actual metal bar that the locking tool connects to when locking) is stripped a bit. You can actually buy new clamping bows (I replaced both of mine) to make locking easier. The clamping bows can be ordered by themselves, and are easily installed by just using a needle nosed plier to pull a metal washer off and then sliding the bow out.

Now, whenever I need to pull out my headlight and reinsert, it always locks on the first try. Good luck with it!

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red

Last edited by Boxtaboy; 03-12-2008 at 04:13 AM.
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:14 AM   #6

There is a tech session in Sunnyvale on Saturday March 15th.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=18438

If you can make it we might be able to figure it out.

Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote