Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #1

997 GT3 Bumper on your 986

Today when I drove to get lunch I saw a very nice 997 GT3 RS in Black/Orange. Mean looking car. I stood next to him at a red light and reved my engine for fun, and so did he. Wow, mine sounded like a little vespa compared to his beast. Anyways, on the way home I saw another GT3 RS in orange, and thought to myself. It must be a sign for a bumper upgrade. I really like the GT3 bumper and so do many of you out there. Well, who wants to convert the entire front end to make your car look like a 987. To much money and time if you ask me, but how about a smarter solution that requires one fabrication to be made, except for getting the bumper and the lights. I am talking about the front bumper made for our lights in case I lost you (which is shown in the first picture)

The Boxster Headlight Cover but with a filled hole instead of a cut out one. I am sure someone here works with something that could make this and then sell to us that would like one. Not saying that I really want this but think about it at least. Could be pretty good looking.

ok, this was my try to make a modification that I dont think too many thought about..

Any thoughts?

*youth is wasted on the young*

Photos of my Boxster S

Painted center console, artic silver
, De Snorkle, 18" Carrera lightweight - 285-30-18 - Fabspeed Exhaust

http://www.cristopherbenitah.com/boxster.jpg

Last edited by cbenitah; 02-20-2008 at 09:20 PM.
cbenitah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:22 PM   #2

Forgot to add

I believe you have to re wire the turn signal into the fog light, which in itself is a simple modification.

*youth is wasted on the young*

Photos of my Boxster S

Painted center console, artic silver
, De Snorkle, 18" Carrera lightweight - 285-30-18 - Fabspeed Exhaust

http://www.cristopherbenitah.com/boxster.jpg
cbenitah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:52 AM   #3

Yes I thought about this too, but even if we have the cover with the whole filled in leaving the headlight looking more like a GT-3 is supposed to you are still left with the ugly space between the headlight cover and the fender/bumper. It just screams headlight cover! I never liked the look of them no matter how you modify them. They just look cheap. Now if you could fill that space in like you did in Photoshop and make them look seamless, then it would look cool. But you would never be able to remove the headlight if you filled the gap in with some type of filler. Nice though, just don't think it will look good as a headlight cover no matter what is done to it.

Last edited by porsche986spyder; 02-21-2008 at 06:55 AM.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote