Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2007, 11:36 AM   #1

First year anniversary

Well it is just one year today that we brought our '02 Arctic Silver 2.7 TIP home from Danbury Porsche. We managed to put 4k smile miles on it this year. Only problem was RMS which was fixed under warranty and told that "it won't happen again" !!! The engine hasn't gone grenade on us and we are having a great time driving again. We keep it on the road all year even though we are in NY State and only take it out on clear, dry days as I couldn't bear putting it up for the winter. It has been about the same length of time since joining this group and it has proved to be priceless for information and sharing of tips and fixes along with hacks, mods. etc. Thank you all for your contribution in this group and we hope to spend the next year with grins as large as this year. OOOOOOOOOOOORRAHH!

AKL 986geezer :dance: :dance: :dance:

Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:13 PM   #2

Congrats Allen. How do you like Danbury Porsche? I'm thinking of having them maintain my new Boxster, but they're a bit of a hike for me. The local dealer has a horrendous reputation, so I'm thinking going to Danbury might be worth the trip.... besides it's not like it's torture driving the Taconic in a Boxster.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:33 PM   #3

Well Danbury fixed my RMS leak under warranty. It took them 13 hrs. They claim that this is the latest and greatest fix and it should not happen again. Only time will tell. I imagine they are rather pricey for service ($135.00 per hr.?) but I suppose they know what they are doing. They do not have loaners so bring a buddy to drive you home if it will be an overnight or couple of day repair. There is little room to wait in but there is a diner within walking distance that can substitute. Maybe others on this list could give you more first hand info. For oil change etc. I use Advanced Auto in New Windsor NY as owner, Tom Florio, is a trained Porsche mechanic and very active in our local PCA region. The shop just installed my M030 sway bars and that took less than an hour and AAuto rate is way less than Danbury.

Now about the Taconic, it is a drivers road but the deer and HEAVY state police presence make it a little less of a joy to drive...

AKL

Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote