Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 10:20 PM   #1

Thumbs down Porsche of Tyson's Corner HBL SUCKS

I've had it with them.

It was hell trying to buy a Boxster S from them, they did everything wrong, my salesman REALLY SUCKED he never returned my calls and was never available, I had to do everything through the sales manager....

When I went to pick up my car they only had 1 key for me, they said the salesman had the spare key and he would send it to me by mail...it's been 3 weeks...

I tried emailing them, no response, they don't care...

It was such a pain trying to wire them the money and get the title and everything, they were always completely lost, no honesty what-so-ever, they tried to sell the car even after we agreed to a price, they BS'd me on various fees and extras after we agreed on a ''final price''...

I knew they had a bad reputation before buying my car but I decided to give them a chance because they had a low selling price, but man was I wrong, I would have gladly spent a bit more not to have to deal with them.

On top of that I sent them an email saying I have 2 friends interested in buying Porsches but I would like to have the 2nd key for my Boxster as they promised, they didn't even bother to respond.

They are lame and have lost my future business and the opportunity for me to send them a lot of clients. But oh well they are a huge dealer what do they care...

Last edited by Jacques79; 12-04-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Jacques79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:42 AM   #2

Sorry you're having all these problems. HBL has always sucked. I've never bought anything from them, but I've stormed out of their dealership in a huff several times. After my last experience, I don't even go near the place when I'm looking for a car.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:09 AM   #3
EE3racing

Doubt this will help but if you want to rattle the cage on the key.

Send them a polite letter telling them this was part of the transaction for the vehicle. Then you need to tell them you will escalate the issue and continue to press until they remit. Spell all the options out too, ie: contact Porsche NA and the territory rep for the area. The trump card is to threaten a letter to the Sate Attorney general, that tends to put a lump in their throats. I only have one key, it's not the end of the world but it does suck, especially since replacement can run as high as 300.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:25 AM   #4

Sorry to hear that. HBL is known for their lack of service and people with bad attitude. Unless you are there to purchase carrera GT

I had bad experiences with their service dept, too.

That's why I took mine to independent local shop, curry's auto, for my 60k service and brake fluid flush.

I'll raise hell and do everything to make them miserable even if you don't get anything out of it.

Good luck though
2fast2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:04 PM   #5

Jacque - Was this an "international" sale? I see your location as Montreal.

I know when people were importing Porsches to the US in the 1980s, Porsche looked down upon both dealers who were doing this and private sales, going so far as to tell dealers they could not service "euro" cars. Given the recent decline of the $$, I wonder what pressure, if any, US dealers are getting from Porsche to NOT sell US cars to Canadians (which hurts the Canadian dealers). Just a thought.

I have never bought a car from HBL. My wife had her Audi serviced at HBL without incident, but the one or two times I went to get parts, I did get the impression that they couldn't care less about my buying from them.

1970 914 w/2056 (sold)
racer_d is offline   Reply With Quote