Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2007, 10:41 PM   #1

What should I do? HELP ME!

I just got my 08 boxster from Don Rosen Porsche in PA, and I am live in NJ. Since they are PA porsche dealer so they put the PA inspection card on my car. My question is should I get a NJ inspection card, since I will register my car in NJ? How can I get one without going to the DMV?

gamejt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:23 AM   #2
EE3racing

I'd go right back to the dealer with this one, after all you just dropped a bit of cha ching there.

Last edited by xusmnimij; 12-01-2007 at 05:07 AM.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:53 AM   #3

Have you spoke to the salesman at the dealer? I am sure they can get you out of state registration. Usually on a new car, you would get the NJ sticker as well. If you had to go to the inspection center in NJ it would most likely be just to pick up a sticker. Shouldnt be a big deal.

Best of luck with the car!
By the way, what part of NJ are you in... I am in Marlton.
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 09:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDIOGUY
Have you spoke to the salesman at the dealer? I am sure they can get you out of state registration. Usually on a new car, you would get the NJ sticker as well. If you had to go to the inspection center in NJ it would most likely be just to pick up a sticker. Shouldnt be a big deal.

Best of luck with the car!
By the way, what part of NJ are you in... I am in Marlton.
I am from metuchen.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:07 PM   #5

has any one get car from out state?
Old 12-01-2007, 04:31 PM   #6

I have bought cars from out of state a few times (I'm in Pennsylvania, and have bought in Delaware and New Jersey). In each case, the dealer had a reciprocal understanding with another dealer in my state to put an inspection sticker on the car.

I would bet that Don Rosen might have an understanding with Cherry Hill Imports, or the Porsche dealer in Princeton, to give you an inspection sticker.
Nick-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-L
I have bought cars from out of state a few times (I'm in Pennsylvania, and have bought in Delaware and New Jersey). In each case, the dealer had a reciprocal understanding with another dealer in my state to put an inspection sticker on the car.

I would bet that Don Rosen might have an understanding with Cherry Hill Imports, or the Porsche dealer in Princeton, to give you an inspection sticker.
Thanks for the info, so you think I can try to call Cherry Hill Imports or Princeton Porsche to get a NJ inspection sticker? How do you get your PA inspection sticker?
Old 12-02-2007, 05:11 PM   #8

My guess is 1) try your dealer first. If they won't help, there is no incentive for another Porsche dealer to help you since they would rather have sold you the car and not simply made your paperwork easier. Or, you can 2) register it yourself in NJ and likely pay some kind of sales tax too, having bought it out of state.
1970 914 w/2056 (sold)
racer_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:29 PM   #9

Any one has " Roadblock paint protection system" on their boxster?

Any one has " Roadblock paint protection system" on their boxster?
Old 12-04-2007, 06:10 AM   #10

I live in NJ and bought my car new in California and drove it home with a 30 temporary California registration.

You will need a NJ inspection sticker. I actually had to go to an inspection station in NJ when I got back, but it was mostly just a formality – very quick. Your dealer in PA also should have filed out some specific paperwork and submitted it to the NJ DMV. Since they slapped a PA sticker on your car, they might have not have taken care of everything they were supposed to, especially from a tax perspective – you owe sales tax in NJ, not PA.

I would call the NJ DMV and ask them what the process is for purchasing a car out of state, then call your dealer and make sure they are in compliance with everything. It was a hassle for my CA dealer, but I figured that if I was buying a new Porsche, they could at least handle the details like these.

Good luck and congrats on your purchase.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote