Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 06:41 PM   #1

Looks like its time for the BoxsterS to go.....

Well I am not very well known here but I've registered and I have been reading your posts for at least 2 years which is also the time I've owned a triple-black 2004 BoxsterS. Mind you, your posts have been very informative and nice to read!

I moved to the US to pursue higher education and I currently attend UNC-Chapelhill for my masters degree. I have reached a point where the driving experience is not enough. Do not get me wrong I love the Boxster and the way it drives but it just feels outdated. My definition for "overall experience" is now different than just taking fast turns or an amazing engine sound the Boxster has.

I am 23 year old and you probably know that our "ipod" generation always demands the latest and the most "trendy" thing. But for me its not just that.

Financially, I have a bad loan that kills my pocket (and my dads) because I have very new credit here in the US (I am a full american citizen btw). I cannot refinance yet because my credit is too new, not bad at all actually. A lot of my payment goes into interest rather than actually owning the car.

Also, having a Z4 before this, I have now matured enough to need a more ergonomic car with more seats, more trunk space and generally bigger.

Additionally, the car recently run out of warranty and I've developed a phobia that I might get struck by an IMS or RMS issue or any other kind of issue that will definitely be costly. Finally, my 30k big-service is coming up and that will probably hurt a lot. Generally, I knew when I was getting the car that the costs of maintaining it will be high.

I have decided to cut my costs and get out of this loan quickly. I will trade in my BoxsterS in January 2008 for an Audi S5 which I will lease. I have plans to return to my home country which is Athens, Greece and a lease would provide a low monthly payment (at least much lower than the one now), no service costs, a brand new car with a wonderful 354hp engine and also the latest thing. Its not just the twisties anymore, its the overall package. For the price a base 987 boxster or cayman is comparable but due to the ergonomic reasons I have to avoid them. The 'S' versions are just too expensive.

Even though most you do not know me, I wanted to thank you for the information and advices you provide here.

Last edited by aBsOlUt; 11-27-2007 at 06:50 PM.
aBsOlUt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:46 AM   #2
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Good luck with the new car. It looks nice. Why not wait for the Cabrio version though?

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:48 AM   #3

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBsOlUt
Well I am not very well known here but I've registered and I have been reading your posts for at least 2 years which is also the time I've owned a triple-black 2004 BoxsterS. Mind you, your posts have been very informative and nice to read!

I moved to the US to pursue higher education and I currently attend UNC-Chapelhill for my masters degree. I have reached a point where the driving experience is not enough. Do not get me wrong I love the Boxster and the way it drives but it just feels outdated. My definition for "overall experience" is now different than just taking fast turns or an amazing engine sound the Boxster has.

I am 23 year old and you probably know that our "ipod" generation always demands the latest and the most "trendy" thing. But for me its not just that.

Financially, I have a bad loan that kills my pocket (and my dads) because I have very new credit here in the US (I am a full american citizen btw). I cannot refinance yet because my credit is too new, not bad at all actually. A lot of my payment goes into interest rather than actually owning the car.

Also, having a Z4 before this, I have now matured enough to need a more ergonomic car with more seats, more trunk space and generally bigger.

Additionally, the car recently run out of warranty and I've developed a phobia that I might get struck by an IMS or RMS issue or any other kind of issue that will definitely be costly. Finally, my 30k big-service is coming up and that will probably hurt a lot. Generally, I knew when I was getting the car that the costs of maintaining it will be high.

I have decided to cut my costs and get out of this loan quickly. I will trade in my BoxsterS in January 2008 for an Audi S5 which I will lease. I have plans to return to my home country which is Athens, Greece and a lease would provide a low monthly payment (at least much lower than the one now), no service costs, a brand new car with a wonderful 354hp engine and also the latest thing. Its not just the twisties anymore, its the overall package. For the price a base 987 boxster or cayman is comparable but due to the ergonomic reasons I have to avoid them. The 'S' versions are just too expensive.

Even though most you do not know me, I wanted to thank you for the information and advices you provide here.

Great looking car. Good luck and stop back anytime to chat.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:59 AM   #4

That's a very nice Audi. They change a lot, BIG TIME Congrats on your new car and good luck on writing the new chapter of your life

I'm going to Audi Driving Experience this Friday
http://audidrivingexperience.com/

Dear Gerry,

We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming Audi driving experience. We have you scheduled for November 30, 2007 at 02:00 PM. Please arrive 30 minutes early to register onsite. We cannot guarantee accommodating you at a later time. In order to maximize your track time, we may combine and adjust class times depending on attendance.

Directions to the Infineon Raceway can be found at the link below:

Infineon Raceway

Some models shown are European models. Tour dates are subject to change; please visit audidrivingexperience.com for complete tour details and updated schedule. To ensure you continue to receive emails from Audi, please place audi@audiusa.chtah.com in your address book. To unsubscribe to this email list, please email auditalk@audi.com with "unsubscribe" in the subject line. This is an outbound email only; we will be unable to respond to replies. For comments and questions, please contact auditalk@audi.com. If you would like to contact Audi directly, please click here. Privacy Policy and Usage Agreement.
Audi of America | 3800 Hamlin Road | Auburn Hills, MI 48326
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:40 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Bambino Don
And enjoy that Audi the S5 is a gorgous car and so much nicer too see on the road than the BMW 3 series equivelant. That is a lovely picture

James

p.s

I'm 24 and i dont get your, need a new thing, i love the box. 'Just now' I wouldnt swap for anything, sod the problems!

00 Audi TT 180 coupe
02 DC5 Honda Integra typeR
01 Alfa Romeo spider 3.0 V6
01 Honda s2000
03 Audi TT Roadster 225
02 Porsche Boxster S silver/red Rolling on 19's
Now:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../mycayman1.jpg

07 Cayman Guards Red/black on 19's

Last edited by Bambino Don; 11-28-2007 at 07:42 AM.
Bambino Don is offline   Reply With Quote