Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
boggtown

Got a biased ticket

So I was driving down the highway, my V1 goes off, I slow down 5 mph to 65, I see a cop ahead do a U-turn and is now going my direction. He is ahead of me by 3 cars. I stay steady at 65. He slows down and I eventually pass him. Now here is the tricky part... I was ahead of him and we were both in the right lane and we pass a no passing sign, he gets over in the left lane and gets where if I cut straight over I would nick his front bumper. There was construction ahead so my lane would cut off, so I sped up in fifth another couple miles an hour and got over. he pulls me over at the end of the zone and says he pulled me over for my window tint and my license plate frame. During the time he is complimenting my car and asking me about it ect... after he writes me a citation for window tint (90 bucks) he says and im loosly quoting and infering --you shouldnt have been driving a nice car because it caught my attention, and when you passed me i figured id pull you over, you shouldnt have speeded up, i should have hit my brakes and ducked behind him (i was about to hit cones), dont drive a nice car--

My argument is simple, if i hit my brakes that would let him pass me in a no pass zone. I was well ahead of him at the no pass zone sign, he was gaining on me till said situation, he was in the left lane since he knew there was construction ahead so he knew i would have to get over. so wtf. i was put in a bad situation since i couldnt see the merge over cones and sign till after this hill. From my experience i can say that trooper was a dick. That po-dunk town just wanted money and they knew I had some.

His main argument for pulling me over was I made myself obvious by passing him. I dont think that speeding up 3 mph to avoid hitting cones and being able to change lanes is bad driving, especially in a no passing zone in which I was ahead of the cop the whole time.

Just my wtf of the moment. Seems like everything is out to get me since my cheating gf broke my heart. the only thing that makes me happy anymore is driving my car, and i cant even drive it sensibly (imo) without being harassed/profiled.