Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
boggtown

Got a biased ticket

So I was driving down the highway, my V1 goes off, I slow down 5 mph to 65, I see a cop ahead do a U-turn and is now going my direction. He is ahead of me by 3 cars. I stay steady at 65. He slows down and I eventually pass him. Now here is the tricky part... I was ahead of him and we were both in the right lane and we pass a no passing sign, he gets over in the left lane and gets where if I cut straight over I would nick his front bumper. There was construction ahead so my lane would cut off, so I sped up in fifth another couple miles an hour and got over. he pulls me over at the end of the zone and says he pulled me over for my window tint and my license plate frame. During the time he is complimenting my car and asking me about it ect... after he writes me a citation for window tint (90 bucks) he says and im loosly quoting and infering --you shouldnt have been driving a nice car because it caught my attention, and when you passed me i figured id pull you over, you shouldnt have speeded up, i should have hit my brakes and ducked behind him (i was about to hit cones), dont drive a nice car--

My argument is simple, if i hit my brakes that would let him pass me in a no pass zone. I was well ahead of him at the no pass zone sign, he was gaining on me till said situation, he was in the left lane since he knew there was construction ahead so he knew i would have to get over. so wtf. i was put in a bad situation since i couldnt see the merge over cones and sign till after this hill. From my experience i can say that trooper was a dick. That po-dunk town just wanted money and they knew I had some.

His main argument for pulling me over was I made myself obvious by passing him. I dont think that speeding up 3 mph to avoid hitting cones and being able to change lanes is bad driving, especially in a no passing zone in which I was ahead of the cop the whole time.

Just my wtf of the moment. Seems like everything is out to get me since my cheating gf broke my heart. the only thing that makes me happy anymore is driving my car, and i cant even drive it sensibly (imo) without being harassed/profiled.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:30 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
well you did have 2 illegal things on your car, too dark of windows and license plae was covered.

but yeah that was a bad situation man
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
Old 11-10-2007, 10:41 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Dude try not to fret it,you'll be alright.

Your car is loud and nice,people will notice it whether you like it or not. If the guy wanted to be a complete d1ck he could have given you a ticket for speeding(and possibly speeding in a construction zone). Looks like the stuff you were written for are minor and can be taken care of quickly. No biggie.

*As for the girl thing,dude your young & in college.....I don't know what else you could ask for. You will have plenty of chances to meet new chicks. If she was cheating on you it's better you find out sooner than later.

“It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.”
- Vince Lombardi

Robert
Old 11-11-2007, 05:38 AM   #4

If I understand it, you received a ticket for windows that were legally speaking too dark?

Is that true?

If so, what is the issue?

PS- Do what you can to get over the GF. It is good you found out about her before she became your wife! That would have really stung.

Good luck and be careful out there.

Last edited by Brucelee; 11-11-2007 at 05:41 AM.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:03 AM   #5

Sorry to hear about your ticket, seems like the timing could have been better personally. As for the girlfriend thing, that hurts, but when one door closes another will open. You'll have better days ahead.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:31 AM   #6

Hey boggtown -

I feel for you dude, but you can turn these recent events into some money...think about it; there is a country song in there somewhere
Old 11-11-2007, 07:03 AM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
And somewhere down the road you might run into a cop who lets you off because he likes your car

Don't sweat the girl. The cheating girlfriend thing happened to me too in college and it's the best thing that could have happened in that relationship. Two months later I met my future wife and we've been happily married for thirteen years now. I know it stings now but trust me you'll get over it. Besides you have a sweet car. Sweet car = more dating opportunities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis
Hey boggtown -

I feel for you dude, but you can turn these recent events into some money...think about it; there is a country song in there somewhere
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
Old 11-11-2007, 07:08 AM   #8

@ Mantis...thats really funny

Hey, Bogg...c'mon...wake up dude...like what everyone said, it's better that you found out now...

Nice Car + Young Owner + Small town = More Hot Chicks to come
Old 11-11-2007, 07:47 AM   #9
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
That sucks!
Are your windows really tinted to dark, did he test the tint %?
And what about the plate? Is that illegal to in your area, I would pay the ticket or debate the tinted window part, then complain about the officer, they shouldn't pull you over just because there jealous of your car.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:27 AM   #10

A good rule of thumb...NEVER pass a marked cruiser. It's a respect thing. Even in a stealth car, I never pass a marked car.

The guy made some unfortunate comments, but your windows are tinted and your plate frame is illegal, so he's pretty much got you.

As for the girlfriend thing...it seems like the worst thing in the world now, but in ther not too distant future, you won't even remember her name. Trust me.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Old 11-11-2007, 09:32 AM   #11
boggtown

Agreed, im not debating that I had illegal stuff (he pulled out a tint checking meter he slid over the glass) and my license plate frame is the same one as in all the pictures and has been on my cars for 3 years now. My only gripe is that I got pulled over in the first place. There were much more important things around than my windows (speeders, no plates, the list goes on). I looked at the violation sheet I got with an envelope to mail my money, and some of that stuff is ridiculous. 10 dollar fine for no seatbelt, 80 bucks for the license plate, 90 for the tint (i should just go get 5% now, in for a penny, in for a pound), and other odd amounts. I've only been pulled over 3 times not including this time and never had any comments on any of that stuff and never got a ticket, just a warning for going 10 over, no front plate, and illegal neons (on my BMW). So I consider myself a safe and proper driver (thats being pulled over once a year basically). Just bad timing to get near a bored cop with half an hour to kill (ya, it took about that long).

Old 11-11-2007, 10:41 AM   #12

Garage
I see you're from Kansas City, Missouri, I'm flying in there tomorrow to pick up my 01 S, staying with friends in Prairie Village 'til Tuesday, then a 1000 miles back to Maryland. Anyone know of any common speed traps on 70 East?

Tickets and girlfriends come and go, like others have said, better to know now before marriage, kids, mortgages. KC will beat Denver today, so, that's a good thing. Now go out and drive your car!

'06 Cayman 'S' - Sold (Sport Chrono, PASM, TPMS, 19' CAS Wheels, NAV)
'06 Cayenne - Sold
'01 Boxster 'S' - Sold
'00 Boxster - Sold
Old 11-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
Agreed, im not debating that I had illegal stuff (he pulled out a tint checking meter he slid over the glass) and my license plate frame is the same one as in all the pictures and has been on my cars for 3 years now. My only gripe is that I got pulled over in the first place. There were much more important things around than my windows (speeders, no plates, the list goes on). I looked at the violation sheet I got with an envelope to mail my money, and some of that stuff is ridiculous. 10 dollar fine for no seatbelt, 80 bucks for the license plate, 90 for the tint (i should just go get 5% now, in for a penny, in for a pound), and other odd amounts. I've only been pulled over 3 times not including this time and never had any comments on any of that stuff and never got a ticket, just a warning for going 10 over, no front plate, and illegal neons (on my BMW). So I consider myself a safe and proper driver (thats being pulled over once a year basically). Just bad timing to get near a bored cop with half an hour to kill (ya, it took about that long).

You play, you pay.

Sorry, that is the way it is.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:04 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Hey Bogg,

Since you got a ticket for the stuff does your State laws require you to go to a place to ensure you have it removed or do you just pay the fine and call it a day?

(tboyer check your PMs)
Old 11-11-2007, 11:21 AM   #15
boggtown

Just pay the fine and call it a day. As far as speed traps on 70... just watch for motorcycle cops sneaking around near KC. Other than that most cops should be avoidable.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:26 PM   #16
blkboxster

Dude that sucks
i sometimes hate cops :troll:

Old 11-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkboxster
i sometimes hate cops :troll:
Of course you do. But who will you call first when someone scratches your car, burglarizes your house, sticks you up at the ATM, steals your Village People albums or kicks your ass? Yeah...that's what I thought.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:41 PM   #18

I hate cops too, they are never around when you need them. Although I've meet 2 decent ones out of many my whole life so they are not all that bad.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:50 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpt73
I hate cops too, they are never around when you need them.
They may not always have time for you because they're busy managing the lives and raising the children of other imbeciles.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:31 PM   #20

i feel u dude, i just got pulled over last week on a highway for going 15 over the speed limit (the limit is 55) i think its such bull****************-waste of my time and money...cops have nothing better to do then pull people over for "tints" and speeding 5 over...who actually goes 55 on an expressway?

as for the girl, man forget her- ull find someone who'll be good to u and sometimes its actually nice to be single and have a life of your own...i just broke up with my girlfriend and i feel better then ever. :-)

Closed Thread