Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2007, 04:49 PM   #1
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 3,011
Need part number or name help for a rubber isolated nut

I just discovered that I need to replace the rubber isolated nuts under the right and left cowl panels. The panel is number 11 in the linked diagram.


There is a Torx head screw that holds these panels into the strut towers. The strut towers have a rubber plug with a nut embedded in them that these screws attach to. I need these rubber plugs with the nut.

I can't seem to find the part in the catalogs at all. Does anyone know the part number or name of these guys.


blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:22 AM   #2
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In the garage...
Posts: 1,633
It's called a well-nut and you might be able to find replacement at a local hardware store. Most likely they'll only carry SAE not metric, but if you want to change out the screw too, you'll be golden or you might get lucky (if they carry metric).

Anyhow, it is:


same for both sides
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:20 AM   #3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 3,011
Thanks for the info.

blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page