Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2007, 10:53 AM   #1

Clips for the full-bra

I have a full bra (the one that goes over the headlamps and all), and am missing the clips that are supposed to be in the front trunk (actually, the clips go on the either edge of the trunk). Does anyone know where I can get the clips? Local preferable (am in San Jose), as I'd like to get it prior to the drives I anticipate over the long weekend. Is this something that one could buy at a local parts store (Kragen)?

And yeah, I'm a lazy bastard for waiting till the last min

bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:27 PM   #2

Kinda weird answering my own query. I'd tried searching on the forum before creating the thread, but couldn't find anything. Turns out, three letter words (which "bra" is) are not acceptable search terms. So, a search for "bra clips" (without the quotes) would actually only search for clips, and "nosebra" doesn't return anything.

Anyhow, after much ado, I did a search for "nose bra" (this time with the quotes), and that returned the results I was seeking. This thread has very good info :
http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2232&highlight=nose+bra

While it didn't help me specifically with the clip info, it showed me where to go. I went to colgan's website (www.colgancustom.com), tried looking for the clips in the accessories etc -- couldn't find anything. I saw their ph number listed, so gave them a call. Even though the clips aren't a listed part, they are sending them over. I am just recording this info here to let folks know that my query was resolved (thanks to the forum!), and coz it just might help someone who tries the same search terms I did
Old 08-30-2007, 07:58 PM   #3

Thanks for coming back to your thread and answering your own question. Others will ask this very question for many years to come and do a thread search and find your information very helpful.

That's what I love about this forum. So much free, excellent information is logged each day that it becomes a treasure box full of stuff to learn and access when in need.

One day, I might just need nose bra clips myself!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:07 PM   #4

Hi,

They are just a piece of Spring Steel which are easily fashioned by the DIYer. In fact, you don't even need to use Spring Steel at all. Cut them out of mild 22-24 ga. steel (available at any Loews, Menards or Home Depot) with a metal shears and drill a hole for the Fender Bolt to fix them in place. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

They are just a piece of Spring Steel which are easily fashioned by the DIYer. In fact, you don't even need to use Spring Steel at all. Cut them out of mild 22-24 ga. steel (available at any Loews, Menards or Home Depot) with a metal shears and drill a hole for the Fender Bolt to fix them in place. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
Thanks for the info Jim. Unfortunately, don't have metal shears, don't have a drill, don't have space (my toolbox consists of what came with the car . But thanks for posting this info -- I'm sure it'll help someone in the future. When I get the clips, I'll remember to post a pic.